What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue screen

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help required please...the screen on my iPad turns blue for no apparent reason.

I assume it is something I am doing. It reverts back to white if I tap it a couple times...which usually results in me selecting something..

Has it ever been decided if google suggestions can be turned off. Several posts, but no one seems to have made it work.

Thanks... Leon

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are selecting the whole screen. This happens to me occasionally, but as you say, all you have to do is tap the screen and you will clear the selection.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My bet is that your finger is touching the screen, which (as Kevin says) selects the whole screen. Try it now... Hold your finger on a sentence here. Tapping again will get rid of it. If you hold your finger on the corner of the iPad screen, it'll select the whole page.

OP
pyewacket

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks to both of you...I was holding the corner of the screen......

Now...can anyone give a definative answer re turning off Google suggestions.....PLEASE..

Leon

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a stock iPad in mobile safari? No, there isn't. That was one of the reasons I purchased iCabMobile actually :)

Most reactions

Latest posts