What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blogging for the iPad

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blogging for the iPad - Audio players

It's not about the best app to see blogs but a better way to blog.

(I did a search, surprised I couldn't find anything on this.)

I've kept a blog, occasionally, for years. Now I have an iPad I'm aware of making my blog more iPad friendly.

The question is, what is the simplest way of presenting audio content on a player controlled by anyone reading the blog - on iPad, naturally? Like the little play & pause buttons!

At the moment I use a Yahoo player which works with Flash and, of course, doesn't work with iPad. A shame as it was dead easy to install and manage.

Any thoughts, however left-field, welcome - as long as it's free!

Btw, would Youtube, or similar, work? I've no idea how you get a ''HTML5'' video on Youtube - it's all new to me. :eek:

Last edited:
OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, it's been moved to tech support... not sure that's a good move...

the thing I mentioned about Youtube occurred to me as I was typing. So, I've googled it but they assume I know something about HTML5. I don't.

if I make a video, using Movie Maker, do I need to convert that into a file which HTML5 (Youtube) can work with?

then I just upload my converted file to my Youtube account, and embed that YT video into my blog post and, hey presto!?, anyone with an iPad can see, hear, and control the playing of it?

Do I just need a video file converter then?

OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW, I think i've found the solution.

From one marvelous free app, StumbleUpon, I came upon a blog with an audio player. The player turned out to be from a social net site for music sharing. There's an app for it and it's also FREE!

8Tracks.

Ok, it's just an iPhone app but that's all you really need, it's just for audio. Great thing is, it plays in the background on your iPad. Multitasking, yeah!

Great playlists on there too, can't wait to upload my own. Btw, it's called 8tracks because that's the minimum number of songs you need for a playlist upload - and it also needs to be at least 30mins in length! They must have read my mind!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions