What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kadoo, Kadoo & kadoo audio player

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm new here, new to iPad and a bit confused. I don't even know where to post my questions.

I've had my iPad2 for a couple of weeks, I love it, in principle, but some things are already bugging me. Like this one;

I love Jazz and I have a favourite site, Tom Powers Jazz House.

Tom occasionally posts audio on his blog using what looks like a Kadoo audio player. I can use it fine on any pc but I can't even see it on my iPad. Here's an example of a post with audio,

The Guitar Mixtape: Christian, Montgomery, and Malone

Ideally, you should see an audio player directly under the image of the guitarists. On my iPad, I don't.

So, guys, how do I best get around this problem using my iPad2?

I've done a bit of homework but I'm clueless. WTF is kadoo? I see there's an app for a kadoo viewer (not free) but not much info. I haven't a clue what this ''cloud'' business is, sorry.

When I click on the player in Tom's post it takes me to a site for DivShare which doesn't even have the same logo - but has almost the same lack of info.

I notice that the player is probably Adobe and there's a flash issue with iPad. Is this the problem?

I've read about SkyFire app which translates flash to html5(?) which can be used on iPad. Is this a good solution?

Sorry folks, this post is a bit long, isn't it? I didn't want to leave anything out. Really I just want to play audio from Tom's blog.

cheers and thanks!

Ian.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section as I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope this was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, that's fine - I wasn't sure where to put it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, you're right. I went through to that site myself and the audio player doesn't show up on my iPad either. Hopefully someone will be able to help soon.

Tim

Reaction score
Kadoo must make use of flash. iSwifter displays the website and also plays the song, though the audio quality isn't great. Just give it a try, the app can be tested for free.

Proof that it works on the iPad:

Attachments

• image-2370256865.png
    image-2370256865.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 401
OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kadoo must make use of flash. iSwifter displays the website and also plays the song, though the audio quality isn't great. Just give it a try, the app can be tested for free.

THAT, my friend, looks just the thing I need! Many thanks.

Is it an equal alternative to the pre-installed Safari browser? I'll have to wait until this evening to get back to my iPad but I have high hopes - can't wait.

Yeah, of course the sound could be Tom's end, I could ask him to sharpen the needle.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

THAT, my friend, looks just the thing I need! Many thanks.

Is it an equal alternative to the pre-installed Safari browser? I'll have to wait until this evening to get back to my iPad but I have high hopes - can't wait.

Yeah, of course the sound could be Tom's end, I could ask him to sharpen the needle.

iSwifter is an alternate browser to Safari and it 'sort of' displays Flash by hosting it on the company's website. It can work OK for some sites. As DontUnderstandMyIpad mentioned, there's a 'lite' version that you can download and try for free (limited viewing time) to see if it works for you. If you like it you can purchase the full version. There are several other browsers too, so if you don't like iSwifter, search this Forum to see other Member's recommendations.

Tim

Most reactions