What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blocked calls on iphone 4s

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i just got a phone call on my 4s but when i went to answer it it said "blocked" does anyone know why some calls are blocked?

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people block their number when they make calls. I guess they don't want people to get their number?

BTW, Hi!
Hi,thing is if they do that i dont get the call,it just cuts off.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, if the caller ID information isn't received it will also say Blocked, which can happen if there's an issue with the cell signal as well. Is it all calls that cut off or just some of them?

If it's some, it's probably a signal issue, if it's all, that sounds more like a really weird hardware issue you may want to have looked at.

Last edited:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
In the UK, any caller who dials 141 then the phone number comes through as blocked, even if they are in your contacts, if when you answer it, it drops and you don't connect, chances are its a multi call. This is when a computer dials 10 numbers and the first to answer gets through, the other 9 are just dropped on answering.......these calls can be traced and banned by BT

Last edited:
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, if the caller ID information isn't received it will also say Blocked, which can happen if there's an issue with the cell signal as well. Is it all calls that cut off or just some of them?

If it's some, it's probably a signal issue, if it's all, that sounds more like a really weird hardware issue you may want to have looked at.
No i havent had any problems with other calls,just the one so i was curious,i always have five bars at home so no signal issue.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the UK, any caller who dials 141 then the phone number comes through as blocked, even if they are in your contacts, if when you answer it, it drops and you don't connect, chances are its a multi call. This is when a computer dials 10 numbers and the first to answer gets through, the other 9 are just dropped on answering.......these calls can be traced and banned by BT
thats sounds like the answer.

Most reactions

Latest posts