What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blink notifications please

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DO you think Apple will ever give us blink notifications on our iPhones and iPads? I don't mean the camera flash blinking either. I'd like somewhere on the homescreen to blink when I miss a call, text or email. Been wanting this for a while.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, this is a much anticipated feature amongst most of the Apple users, a better idea than yours, in my opinion would be to add a small light surrounding the home button and use it for that purpose. Apple developments are kept a real secret and most of the news you get are rumors unless the actual action date comes near. So you never know................. :)

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes a lighted home button would be good but that means I need a new phone.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Having something flash on the main screen would mean the iPad is not asleep and saving battery. No matter how little the spot flashing, the entire screen (and back light) has to be on and using up battery. That's the way the iPad's current screen technology works.

There was a news piece about Apple having a pending patent for a cover with notification lights. Not that this means much. Apple has a lot of patents for things they may or may not make.

There are some third party cases for the iPhone that offer light notifications, I think. I've seen at least one Kick starter. I haven't seen anything like that for the iPad.

Another option might be a smart watch. The Pebble will give you notifications on your wrist. It didn't work well in iOS 6, but I hear it's much better with iOS 7, and should improve even more with the new openness of iOS 8.

Most reactions

Latest posts