What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or white iPad 2?

Black or White?

• Black

Votes: 340 60.5%
  • White

Votes: 222 39.5%

• Total voters

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
How did you do that???

I bought a replacement digitizer to replace my broken one. And ordered a green one instead of my factory white.

Paul71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally, I purchased a white ipad3 yesterday. After researching, and stopping by the Apple store today, I exchanged my white for a black one. Why? Well, a very knowledgable Apple store associate noted some differences. Ultimately, she took both white and black iPad 3's and loaded the same pic and placed the pads side by side. And, to my astonishment, there are differences in picture quality. The black iPad's colors "popped" and we're not "washed out" like the white one. Think I'm crazy? Go to the Apple store yourself and see. The black border simply makes the screen look better. I love the white too, but the screen really does look better on the black iPad...I guess there is really something to the black border theory?

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
How did you do that???

 Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF  cdf00 Add me on dragonvale please! GC - james_oc_24 ⚡

There are also specific screen protectors for sale with different colored borders etc.

Cheers

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Paul71 said:
Originally, I purchased a white ipad3 yesterday. After researching, and stopping by the Apple store today, I exchanged my white for a black one. Why? Well, a very knowledgable Apple store associate noted some differences. Ultimately, she took both white and black iPad 3's and loaded the same pic and placed the pads side by side. And, to my astonishment, there are differences in picture quality. The black iPad's colors "popped" and we're not "washed out" like the white one. Think I'm crazy? Go to the Apple store yourself and see. The black border simply makes the screen look better. I love the white too, but the screen really does look better on the black iPad...I guess there is really something to the black border theory?

My mom has a black, i have a white. Using hers, i get a headache. Not with mine. Weird huh?

raveneap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two blacks - wife's wud have been white to tell them apart but store only had black ones.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Henry Ford once said you can have a car any color you want if as long as it is black. All of my iDevices are black...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skallal said:
Henry Ford once said you can have a car any color you want if as long as it is black. All of my iDevices are black...

Yes mine too !!

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine have all been black. My daughter wanted her new iPad to be white. I'll admit I do like it, looks great in a bright colored case.
Cheers

AngryNerd123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is black too. The white one gets dirty way to fast.

Sent from my only iPad using iPF

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new iPad white 64gig on verizon. It just looks better in my opinion. Also less fingerprints on bezel with white than with black.

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either way black or white iPad you still get the best device ever! I got a white iPad 2 and a black 32GB new iPad. I Love them both.

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me black makes the iPad look like the many other tablets out there, whereas white looks more stylish, more Apple IMO.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts