What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or white iPad 2?

Black or White?

• Black

Votes: 340 60.5%
  • White

Votes: 222 39.5%

• Total voters

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not understand why white versions were made.

Well I think this poll so far addresses that.
One out of every two like it.
I actually like the white also and bought one of each.
I just prefer the black and let go the white at cost to a friend.

Granty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gone for a black one...for the simple fact I think it'll be more timeless plus will help show off my photos.

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a White iPad, I had the 1st gen iPad and fancied a change, my other half now has my old iPad. I don't think the White looks distracting when watching a film/ BBC iplayer on it. I love it :)

RNkitKat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a white one, hubby wants a black one. All boils down to a matter of personal preference. I think they both look great.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Londonreader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time I saw the iPad 2, I preferred the White one. It just pops more and looks cooler. Also it looks more exciting than the black one, probably because the black model has been around for a while. Black looks dull. No doubt black is more professions though so if u intend to get it for business use, I'd recommend the black one.
Function wise, as a White iPad owner, I have had no issues with the White frame being distracting whatsoever. It looks fabulously and your eyes are focused in the centre screen 99% of the time. Also, the White arguably is better for light background apps, such as reading PDFs, ebooks, websites etc. The White frame blends in extremely well and it feels that the screen is larger than it is. Exactly the same applies for black background apps with the black model. So movies and games look 'better', or just feels more 'natural'.
I have had a hard time deciding which colour to get too, so hopefully this post can help some troubled minds out there.

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Extraordinarily dull? :p

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Oh I can show you how dull "WE" AREN'T!

You want to get this forum "heated" I can!

Believe me.....I can provide you with smiles or frowns your choice.....

HAHA!

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadfreak69 said:
Oh I can show you how dull "WE" AREN'T!

You want to get this forum "heated" I can!

Believe me.....I can provide you with smiles or frowns your choice.....

HAHA!

I personally find black electonics dull and lifeless, hence my white iPad preference, coupled with the blue SC. Blue and white together is light and airy looking to me. Black is just depressing. :D

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions