What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware of Grandchildren and the iPad

ddoyle777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm writing to complain! I got my iPad bright and early Saturday morning from the UPS man, but I haven't had nearly the time to play with it as I expected.

You see, my grandchildren think it belongs to them. My 3 year old grandson discovered Old MacDonald (an app that sings and plays with which animals belong on the farm). It's very well written and plays over and over and over and over. My 1 year old granddaughter wouldn't stop playing Animal Show - an app that shows a picture and plays the animal sound when touched (though it was quite funny to see her keep looking behind the iPad to discover where the animal making the sound was).

I'm sure glad the battery lasts for 10 hours, because it gets a workout.

Now they walk in the door and my grandson says "Kai play Old D' Donald."

Maybe I have a good excuse for iPad2 - "But honey, the grandkids have just worn it out!"

Sometimes technology has applications beyond what we can see initially.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 5 year old daughter already knows how to find and launch all her favorite games on my iPhone. And I know she'll love the iPad (whenever I can get one). Like you I was also planning on letting her inherit my iPad so that I could have my excuse to get the next version. :)

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great story, kids can be so cute! :) Glad to see you are getting some great uses out of it.

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 8 yo grand daughter is all about Skeeball and beating her dad's high score. She was very disappointed (MeeMaw wasn't) that she can't get to Poptropica (it uses flash).

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would laugh... well I am but nodding as well. I work with childern and technology as my lively hood. All but the dullest eat user interfaces like they are sugar frosted sugar flakes drowned in milk.

It's one of the reasons I want to get with an Apple programmer and discuss elements of Apple's parental (a.k.a adult) control systems. How are they on the iPad? I dislike the lack of fine control over 3rd Party Apps in the iPod/iPhone. Is it still a 4 digit numeral only password?

Most reactions

Latest posts