What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

wake1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is best way to remux 720p mkv files to mp4 on windows?

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you do it with handbrake?
First, download Handbrake from the link I gave earlier and run the program.
Next, load a file into the Handbrake application running on your PC/Mac and convert to mp4.
Finally add the mp4 file to either iTunes or Dropbox and import to your iPad.

wake1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to actually convert the file. I want to just remux. Change the container from mkv to mp4. Can handbrake do this?

Cowabunga438

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, menniesyys love your bibles.

Just a suggestion, I know you can't link to them but when you mention them can you at least give a clue on how to find them. Took me about 15 mins of googling to find another forum where you posted a link.

I have been suing azul for a few years now. Always did the job and was good for streaming. However I just got an ipad3 and it crashes all the time. Cannot download over wifi, cannot press "done", cannot connect over Internet etc etc. all these things make it crash. Used to be able to download over Internet, but now reports that the certificate is out of date (???).

8player seems more stable, but play back is not nearly as good. It will download from my Netgear Stora NAS on my wifi but I can't get it setup to do over the Internet yet. Seems a fairly complicated setup.

8player does have an option to play file in another player. So at times I have downloaded using 8player, then played in azul.

I might try buzz.

Either way it is annoying. I can't find a player to play non apple formats well, and also download and stream well.

Baskinbor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do MX player is availabale on apple store? I couldn't found it. If any one found this, post here.

Moderator edit;this signature has been edited in accordance withForum rules, no external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using nativ video player app, it's best...

Well, it's indeed the best if you don't need features like playback of non-native iOS video format playback, non-iTunes Home Sharing streaming, gesture-based ffwd/rewinding, support for DVD / multiple subs etc.

Otherwise, it's REALLY restricted.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, menniesyys love your bibles.

Just a suggestion, I know you can't link to them but when you mention them can you at least give a clue on how to find them. Took me about 15 mins of googling to find another forum where you posted a link.

OK, from now on, I'll post a relevant sentence so that Google finds the article immediately.

I have been suing azul for a few years now. Always did the job and was good for streaming. However I just got an ipad3 and it crashes all the time. Cannot download over wifi, cannot press "done", cannot connect over Internet etc etc. all these things make it crash. Used to be able to download over Internet, but now reports that the certificate is out of date (???).

8player seems more stable, but play back is not nearly as good. It will download from my Netgear Stora NAS on my wifi but I can't get it setup to do over the Internet yet. Seems a fairly complicated setup.

8player does have an option to play file in another player. So at times I have downloaded using 8player, then played in azul.

I might try buzz.

Either way it is annoying. I can't find a player to play non apple formats well, and also download and stream well.

You REALLY should consider jailbreaking. XBMC has absolutely excellent streaming support. (And jailbreaking also allows for a lot of other goodies Apple doesn't want us to use: Quasar etc.)

Most reactions

Latest posts