What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

JezJezJez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVPlayer HD is VERY good although would warn people that when I upgraded to IOS5 yesterday it "lost" all my movies so had to reload them in again.

Cheers

Jez

JezJezJez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no - why do you need to jailbreak? AVPlayer HD is available from the app store and iOS5 came out on Wednsday - Sorry but Im not sure what you mean.

Cheers

Jez

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jez, there is a setting in AvplayerHD that by default does not back up the movies, due to slow back up times(this was part of the last update for AVPlayerHD) You need to manually enable it in AvplayerHD, so your movies will be backed up. It say iTunes back up. If you already knew this, then not sure what happened?

Phil

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JezJezJez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chevyguy, no didn't know that. Either way it wasn't a problem but it's good to know theres a fallback

Cheers
Jez

nickolasz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. If I want to stream movies from my pc to my ipad2, if I get buzz player from the app store and also filebrowser app and then will i be able to do it?

Thanks!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello. If I want to stream movies from my pc to my ipad2, if I get buzz player from the app store and also filebrowser app and then will i be able to do it?

Thanks!

You only need Buzz Player HD to do this, you don't need Filebrowser. Just ensure you are serving your music up using some form of media streamer - Windows Mobile can do this as well any DLNA compliant media share software. SMB shares are also supported.

nickolasz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I thought if I got filebrowser then I would also be able to easily transfer files to my ipad for when i am not on the network and wanted to watch movies.

How would I serve the music up with a media streamer?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I thought if I got filebrowser then I would also be able to easily transfer files to my ipad for when i am not on the network and wanted to watch movies.

How would I serve the music up with a media streamer?

The only reason you would want Filebrowser in this scenario is to administrate remote files i.e. to move/copy them or delete files you had watched, it is not necessary to stream or copy down media to Buzz Player.
Buzz Player HD lets you copy the video files into the app instead of streaming them for when you want to view them away from your network. I do this most days to load up something from my NAS to watch on my iPad when in the gym doing cardio!
Serving up files is all dependant on what media share you are using but it is using just a couple of settings such as pointing to folders what contain the media. Once this is down, you can use Buzz Player to browse these shared folders and playback the media you want.

max2008is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buzz player hd and o player hd good also check good player ,,,,, it can play from android phones sd card by using wifi file explorer or my sd card access on andoid phone this way u can extend the capacity of iPad by using android as a external media over wifi use 32 gb card

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aceplayer is another that supports streaming and local copy. My favourite is still Buzz Player HD though, seems to be the most robust in all these features for me on the iPad 2.

Most reactions