What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

sherax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PlayerX- IT Plays All

I downloaded this FREE player called PlayerX. It plays all the formats I have downloaded "PlayerX - It Plays All"

The information links in the app says that HD 720 playback, sub titles, personal folder protection etc are in the coming versions....

I am kinda loving this FREE app....

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sherax said:
I downloaded this FREE player called PlayerX. It plays all the formats I have downloaded "PlayerX - It Plays All"

The information links in the app says that HD 720 playback, sub titles, personal folder protection etc are in the coming versions....

I am kinda loving this FREE app....

It seems that it may not be free for long. Thanks for the heads up.

TBaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodPlayer is by far the best player I have used

Love GoodPlayer for a great combination of connectabiliy SMB, uPnP and much more as well as being able to stream almost any video file right from my home server. It can also download to take with you.

Developer is very responsive and there are frequent updates.

Support this app!

tb

ssouki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movie Player

Dears,

to my understanding, the best movie player should be the one that can allow streaming or playing movies without importing them or copying them into its inbox folder. For example if we connect an SD card, the player should allow us to play directly movies from it. XMBC allow that but it is not soo friendly used in iOS. does anyone have better suggestions???????????????

ipadadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Check out it's playing
I installed the recent 2.0 release and it's working beautifully. It reads mkv, flv and a bunch other formats
Also the subtitles work great

It's the best I've seen so far

eagleone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried some of the players so here's my experience

AvplayerHD - no sound

CineXplayer - no sound (something with AC3)

VLC - no subtitles

It's Playing - doesn't read srt subtitles wright

Azul - best userface,nice thumbnails of files but it doesn't have any options to adjust

These 3 looks like the best to me so are there any diferences amount them?
Oplayer HD
- font is a bit to bold and there's no option to choose another one
GoodPlayer - it freezes for a 5,6 sec at the beginning of playing

Buzz Player - using at the moment

eagleone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one question about Buzzplayer when you watch a video and press home button the app goes to background but the audio continues is that normal?

Yaminashi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I'd chime in here since I see that a few users are praising Azul, this will also be my first post :)

Before I bought my ipad2 I was doing alot of reading to see what my options were for formats other than .mp4.

Azul popped up onto google and it seemed like a smart choice at 1.99, so after I bought my ipad2, I purchased azul.

I can say its not THE best app. IMO, the only cool feature it has is the "download in app." I've downloaded tons of movies from icefilms and they all play pretty well, audio is always sync'd, no crashes. However if I'm downloading from other sources, I find azul crashes ALOT, especially when playing HD videos and seeking, even though the developer has stated 720p is supported in Ipad2.

Sure, Azul can play anything you throw at it, but will it play it flawlessly? Absolutely not.

On that note, I am now looking for a different media player. From what it seems from this thread users are saying avplayerhd or buzz player hd are the cream of the crop?

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not really had any issues with AVPlayerHD, other it will once in a while crash when watching 720p .mkv files. Other than that no issues what so ever with the other video formats. Never had any sync issues with any video file.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yaminashi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did some more researching today throughout the afternoon and ended up purchasing avplayerhd. So far it definitely plays back alot better than azul

yianniskyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use oplayer for ipad and buzzplayer for iphone 4 .both are good with a lot of options but in details i like most buzzplayer. i wish it will be universal app sometime.:)

Yaminashi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for those using buzz player HD, does it support downloading files from hosting sites such as rapidshare, filesonic etc?

Most reactions

Latest posts