What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Thanks. I have Atomic (like it a lot, but am using iCabMobile much more these days). Can you give me an example of one of these video files (a location) and how to download it with Atomic. I tried, but wasn't able to get the video into the iPad. I've pressed on the link to the video, the video itself, but I don't see filenames to download.

Where are you trying to get the file from?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Killman said:
Where are you trying to get the file from?

Well, I went to CNBC, then YouTube and couldn't get anything; but, I just want to see how the process works (how to download the file). I tried both Azul and Atomic unsuccessfully.

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Well, I went to CNBC, then YouTube and couldn't get anything; but, I just want to see how the process works (how to download the file). I tried both Azul and Atomic unsuccessfully.

For YouTube, this is what I do. Go to Zimzar.com, copy the address of the YouTube video, paste into the bar on Zimzar, select the file type, put in your Email, then the file will upload. Once it's uploaded, you can do whatever until the conversion is done, which doesn't take long at all. Check your email and you should have an email from them. Click the link to the download page, hit download now. It will take you to a blank page. Copy the address of that page, go to downloads in Atomic, click new download, paste the address and name the video whatever WITH the correct file extension at the end, the file type that you chose earlier, then hit save. Once it is download, hit the arrow, click open in external app and pick Azul. Bingo. I may have made this sound much harder than what it is, it is actually quite simple. This strategy may work with other video sites as well but it works great for YouTube.

Last edited:

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some shots I took to strengthen my explanation.

Attachments

• image-2559257340.png
    image-2559257340.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 397
  • image-2545049962.png
    image-2545049962.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 375
  • image-162105398.png
    image-162105398.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 320

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Killman said:
For YouTube, this is what I do. Go to Zimzar.com, copy the address of the YouTube video, paste into the bar on Zimzar, select the file type, put in your Email, then the file will upload. Once it's uploaded, you can do whatever until the conversion is done, which doesn't take long at all. Check your email and you should have an email from them. Click the link to the download page, hit download now. It will take you to a blank page. Copy the address of that page, go to downloads in Atomic, click new download, paste the address and name the video whatever WITH the correct file extension at the end, the file type that you chose earlier, then hit save. Once it is download, hit the arrow, click open in external app and pick Azul. Bingo. I may have made this sound much harder than what it is, it is actually quite simple. This strategy may work with other video sites as well but it works great for YouTube.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this and about the YouTube videos which is the most important thing I am trying to get at the moment. I will try to go through this today. Your explanation seems very clear so I doubt that I will have problems with it. Digging out this stuff out on ones own can take time, especially for a person like me who hasn't worked with videos much. I'll let you know how it goes and again, I appreciate your help. I am quite impressed with Azul too. :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Killman,
I just noticed that iCabMobile (and I'm sure all the others do it as well, including Atomic) downloads the YouTube videos by just pressing on the video itself. hahahaha... Talk about missing the obvious, I must have been pressing on the wrong screen, and I swear it didn't work the other day when I started checking out Azul. ;)

Since I don't usually want to use space for videos I haven't been into it much, I just search them out and watch them. Thanks for your help, I'm sure converting video files will come in very useful. I still haven't been able to go through the routine you showed me though. Today, I think...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For those using Azul, some of the videos are coming out upside down in Azul. The developer replied that he has already submitted the new version which will fix this.

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Hey Killman,
I just noticed that iCabMobile (and I'm sure all the others do it as well, including Atomic) downloads the YouTube videos by just pressing on the video itself. hahahaha... Talk about missing the obvious, I must have been pressing on the wrong screen, and I swear it didn't work the other day when I started checking out Azul. ;)

Since I don't usually want to use space for videos I haven't been into it much, I just search them out and watch them. Thanks for your help, I'm sure converting video files will come in very useful. I still haven't been able to go through the routine you showed me though. Today, I think...

Really??? o_O I don't think atomic can do that...I must look into that. I may also try out iCab as well now. :)

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
For those using Azul, some of the videos are coming out upside down in Azul. The developer replied that he has already submitted the new version which will fix this.

Just lock you orientation and turn you iPad round 180 degrees. No need to thank me.

iWant my iCloud

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Hey Killman,

I can confirm that it does not work in Atomic. However, I just purchased iCab and you are right! It makes getting videos so much easier. :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Killman said:
I can confirm that it does not work in Atomic. However, I just purchased iCab and you are right! It makes getting videos so much easier. :)

Hmmm, I see... that must have been it then. I tried in Atomic to download the YouTube files and when it didn't work, I jumped to the conclusion that it wouldn't work in iCab which I later tested successfully. I should have known better since, in my experience, iCab has always set the pace for them all (things in the browser area are constantly in motion though). In fact, when you said you were using the Atomic + Azul combo that is what I assumed you were doing.

I guess we've both learned a couple of tricks. :)

scottnsf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think i was the first to mention azul in this conversation. it IS an incredible app, and the developers have rekeased at least 2 updates recently, only to make an even more versatie and dependable app.

balamukundhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not seeing the movies copied to the ipad by the vlcstreamer in the video listings. Where are they stored in ipad2?

funtoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vlcstreamer is for streaming, it does not stores video on your ipad

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts