What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
acemenace said:
i agree clockworks! :D

+1

I think ALL content should have a trial, a few hours for apps (usage, not time since purchase). Mp3s for a couple of days, say. The first 20 minutes of a film etc.

When you make purchases consumption based, the content will increase in quality.

iWant my iCloud

Yes. We should move towards this ideal.

gdg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also had the experience of having to buy multiple apps to finally get to the right one.

xerces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ill check the players i have installed..but i personally have not had the need for fine tuning the video (contrast, brightness, etc).. so i dont know off hand..

are you finding that your videos need to be adjusted?

Hi mate, and thx for replying. Yes, I have some downloaded movies (from the net) that have low sound quality. I would like to make tuning, that's why I am looking for that on iPad, but that may not exist... yet.

see u soon

acemenace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also had the experience of having to buy multiple apps to finally get to the right one.

Well, spending much money for plenty of apps just to get to the right one is an impractical choice.

If you have an option of purchasing such apps for FREE, then why not grab it, right?

Actually there are lots of iPad 2 free downloads ( http://ipad2freedownloads.weebly.com/ )
applications for your iPad. And you can choose as many apps as you can depending on what Apps soothes your taste.

Knowing that's its free, there's no need for you to step back.

:D

Last edited:

acemenace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VLC and Air video.
And now use Air video much, as it can do converting and sreaming video&movies, cool!
Besides I have found a list of amazing ways of watching and geting Free Movies on iPad/iPad 2 from this iPad forum:
Get and Watch Free Movies on iPad/iPad 2 | iFunia iPad Column
But, stick with Air video :cool: :cool:!

Yeah! Air Video is absolutely great! No further question regarding with its features and the likes.. But are there any alternative apps for viewing movies that could be purchased for FREE??

You know, practicality speaking.. ;)

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the only one I have tried so far, but Azul is just amazing. It seems to play EVERY file type I throw at it. Completely recommened. :)

acemenace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh yeah! i have read lots of reviews bout azul player. and most people said that this movie player app for iPad is really great, can view to different types of file and it is very user friendly.. good thing I've scanned iPad App Review, and now I'm enjoying watching HD movies using this cool application.

And also, aside from azul, there are bunch of iPad apps for viewing movies also that were as great as azul. And even better, if you are a good researcher.. :D:D

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
acemenace said:
oh yeah! i have read lots of reviews bout azul player. and most people said that this movie player app for iPad is really great, can view to different types of file and it is very user friendly.. good thing I've scanned iPad App Review, and now I'm enjoying watching HD movies using this cool application.

And also, aside from azul, there are bunch of iPad apps for viewing movies also that were as great as azul. And even better, if you are a good researcher.. :D:D

Just for info, I also use airplayer. If you have a dlna server on you network, it will allow you to stream photos, music and videos straight to your iPad. No conversion needed (supports lots of formats) and no need to copy the file locally either. Streaming even high quality content through wifi so far has produced no issues for me.

I use an aero-lite USB NAS dongle with an old 250gb USB hard disk attached to it to serve the content and it works perfectly. Was about 20 quid on eBay (made by sumvision). If you need to go truly mobile you can always FTP direct to the iPad, or use filebrowser, since the dongle also presents the dlna folders (optionally) as FTP server or samba shares. Oh, it's a bittorrent client as well :eek:

If you want any more info, just pm me.

iWant my iCloud

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Killman said:
It is the only one I have tried so far, but Azul is just amazing. It seems to play EVERY file type I throw at it. Completely recommened. :)

Killman, How are you throwing these files at Azul? I can only get the Azul "Homepage" trailers to download. If I go to any other site and try to "Force" the download, I seem to be getting empty files in the Download folder. I must be missing something. :)

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Killman, How are you throwing these files at Azul? I can only get the Azul "Homepage" trailers to download. If I go to any other site and try to "Force" the download, I seem to be getting empty files in the Download folder. I must be missing something. :)

I use Atomic Web Browser or dropbox. Atomic is a great duo app with Azul. :) I download the file that I want, then I just open in Azul, it creates a new copy of the file in the app.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Killman said:
I use Atomic Web Browser or dropbox. Atomic is a great duo app with Azul. :) I download the file that I want, then I just open in Azul, it creates a new copy of the file in the app.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Thanks. I have Atomic (like it a lot, but am using iCabMobile much more these days). Can you give me an example of one of these video files (a location) and how to download it with Atomic. I tried, but wasn't able to get the video into the iPad. I've pressed on the link to the video, the video itself, but I don't see filenames to download.

Most reactions

Latest posts