What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best site to watch the 4.0 unveiling??

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Gizmodo will be doing "live" coverage...but that just means a live blog with photos. Sometimes Apple hosts it's own press events. Not sure if there will be live coverage tho...if anyone finds it within the next 45 mins PLEASE let us know!

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does Apple stream this stuff?

OK, "stream" may be verbotten, but somehow have it live on their website?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does Apple stream this stuff?

OK, "stream" may be verbotten, but somehow have it live on their website?

They have in the past...I want to say the first iPhone unveiling was streamed live on their site.

OP
F

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know with all the bad press the iPad has received because of no multitasking it does not make sense that 5 days after they release the iPad they release multitasking. If they knew 4.0 was coming out with it why not shut the bad press down with a one sentence press release. "When released OS 4.0 will have multitasking."

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know with all the bad press the iPad has received because of no multitasking it does not make sense that 5 days after they release the iPad they release multitasking. If they knew 4.0 was coming out with it why not shut the bad press down with a one sentence press release. "When released OS 4.0 will have multitasking."

Well, if multitasking really is a part of OS 4.0 then maybe they should have said something....but I think honestly they should have released the iPad as the first OS 4.0 device out of the box! That way they would have had something really new to show. I'm guessing with all the iPad clones hitting the market they just wanted to get it out first knowing first day early adopters would gladly buy it as is and know more was to come. Now once the new OS hits they will get even more interest.

Apple is a pretty smart company..I think they know what their doing.

OP
F

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That would have been great and I guess it depends on when 4.0 ships also, if it doesn't ship until July then it wasn't going to be in the iPad.

Also if they rushed and shipped it with bugs that would have slowed the sales of iPads.

I love it the way it is, it just does so many things it takes awhile to do a demo for people.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, if multitasking really is a part of OS 4.0 then maybe they should have said something....but I think honestly they should have released the iPad as the first OS 4.0 device out of the box! That way they would have had something really new to show. I'm guessing with all the iPad clones hitting the market they just wanted to get it out first knowing first day early adopters would gladly buy it as is and know more was to come. Now once the new OS hits they will get even more interest.

I agree. But apple works their own way and is pretty successful at this. Rumors going around that they are going to produce 5" ipads. I believe i read it on 9to5mac.com

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree. But apple works their own way and is pretty successful at this. Rumors going around that they are going to produce 5" ipads. I believe i read it on 9to5mac.com

I saw that too and think that would be odd. I think the current size is as small as I would like it to be....5" is only a little larger than the iPod Touch...what would be the point. Now I could see a 15" with a built in kickstand as more of a laptop replacement.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a list of 10 sites that supposedly will have live blogging for the event:

10 Apple iPhone 4 OS Live Blogging Sites

Excerpt from above link:

Today at 10am PCT/1pm EST Apple will give a sneak peek of the upcoming iPhone 4 OS. It is expected that Apple will bring 3rd party multi-tasking to the new iPhone OS amongst other new features.

Other rumored features of the new iPhone 4.0 operating system include enhanced gaming, printing support, video chat and iAd advertising platform.
To follow the Apple iPhone 4 event we again have to rely on live bloggers in the audience. Will anyone use the iPad?

Below you will find a list of 10 sites we recommend that will be live blogging the Apple iPhone 4 OS Media Event today at 10am PCT/1pm EST.

Apple iPhone 4 Event Live Coverage:
Engadget
Gizmodo
Arstechnica
iLounge
MacWorld
CNET
ComputerWorld
Gearlog
Slashgear
Financial Times

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the video will be on apples site in a couple hours but I would rather see it live.

Most reactions