What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best screen protector in aussie stores

autophone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am looking for the best anti glare screen protector for iPad 2. I live in Brisbane and would like to buy from store. I went to jb hifi and found gecko 2 for $30 but I don't think it's worth it because obviously I only need one. There is e-skin in next byte for $20 each I think it's a bit expensive. I however am willing to pay for this money if it's really good, you know many SPs out there lower your iPad's screen quality. Have you tried these brands what do you think or do you have any other you would recommend?? Thank you

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are going to run a screen protector getting a two pack is not such a silly idea. They need to be replaced reasonably regularly.

I've used them in the past on iPhones and even as far back as Palm Pilots but imo they aren't much chop and I have never bothered on my iPad I just have a cover that closes over the screen when it's not in use.

robdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that of the two I have used so far (one expensive and one cheap online), I couldn't really tell any difference. I just want something to protect it from scratches and both have done that exactly. However as mentioned they don't last forever and I'm at the point now where I can't stand the current one and need a new one.. May do that now.

oldbiker850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
autophone said:
Hi, i am looking for the best anti glare screen protector for iPad 2. I live in Brisbane and would like to buy from store. I went to jb hifi and found gecko 2 for $30 but I don't think it's worth it because obviously I only need one. There is e-skin in next byte for $20 each I think it's a bit expensive. I however am willing to pay for this money if it's really good, you know many SPs out there lower your iPad's screen quality. Have you tried these brands what do you think or do you have any other you would recommend?? Thank you

Hi
Suggest that you get on eBay. I bought some for my office for $1 each and have had no problems so far. We are on our seventh iPhone now and still no problems. A friend in an electronics store says that they buy Chinese ones in bulk for less than 50c each then repackage them and sell them for $25 in store. Says a lot to me.

M

mitasol

I don't bother with them, my last tablet (not an iPad) had gorilla glass and I understand that the iPad has something similar if not actual gorilla glass - I just use a case with a cover on it.

ethansamuel17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hbipadlabs.com
I use the power support anti glare and I love it. Other options are iLuv Glare, LifeGuard Screen Protector Films, Great Shield Ultra Anti-Glare Screen Protector and ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD.

Most reactions

Latest posts