What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best photo editing program??? Thoughts?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two apps to check out.

Big Lens is currently free and offers a quick way to do depth of field effects as well as other filters. Great app.

Laminar Pro. Got this at the weekend and is best described as a mix between Photogene & Photoshop Touch. Potential to be the single best editing app on IOS although currently has a few issues with crashing and interface inconsistencies. Probably the closest to a desktop Photoshop clone. Definitely one to watch. Laminar Express is the free iPhone version which will give you a taster of what it can do, you just need to dig around in the interface. Offers great layer & mask support.

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two apps to check out.

Big Lens is currently free and offers a quick way to do depth of field effects as well as other filters. Great app.

Laminar Pro. Got this at the weekend and is best described as a mix between Photogene & Photoshop Touch. Potential to be the single best editing app on IOS although currently has a few issues with crashing and interface inconsistencies. Probably the closest to a desktop Photoshop clone. Definitely one to watch. Laminar Express is the free iPhone version which will give you a taster of what it can do, you just need to dig around in the interface. Offers great layer & mask support.

Installing Big Lens now...thanks for the tip! Can't wait to try it :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used Snapseed for a good long while. Photoforge, others but Leonardo is quite good with layers, gradations, selections, etc. Very PSish but of course dealing with jpegs instead of raw.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used Snapseed for a good long while. Photoforge, others but Leonardo is quite good with layers, gradations, selections, etc. Very PSish but of course dealing with jpegs instead of raw.

I keep 6 editing apps on my ipad. Leonardo is the single most complete app out there at the moment IMHO.

The 6 in no particular order are:

Leonardo
Snapseed
Big Lens
Photoshop Touch
PixlrExpress+
Photogene4

Most reactions

Latest posts