What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What direction to take when you have a passion for photo editing?

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, now that I have been on here for a few days and got to see the amount of very knowledgable people, who have obvious interests in advancements in technology and where it will lead us, I thought that this might be a good place to seek some opinions. God knows when you try and Google answers, it is just way overwhelming.

I recently graduated design school with a diploma in Residential Space Planning. However, due to the non-existent market for interior designers, I have begun to explore different options. During my time in school, I was heavily trained in PhotoShop and a few other programs similar. This whole idea stemmed from a recent project given to me from a friend. From home, I had the job of scanning around 150 old pics, cropping, color correction and retouching. Now this is something I CAN do and there does seem to be a good market for it.

So to keep this much more brief, I would love to hear some opinions??

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Krysta

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of this process is done very cheaply by former photo labs, and even walmart can digitize old prints. You should concentrate on the value add of design. You may have to take some very cheap jobs to build up a portfolio and even volunteering where you can.

The name of the game is to get to know people in the business that can help you while building up a reputation and skills. Always think of your reputation. It's a very small world and in design work it's everything.

School education is necessary but hardly enough.

Most reactions

Latest posts