What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best PDF editor

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This post was very helpful, but I'm wondering if there's an update? I want to download, edit and/or annotate PDFs and then send them up to a web-based storage cloud. Is iAnnotate still the best way to do this? Have other apps come out recently or been updated recently that are better? And by the way, is there also an app that allows either annotating Word documents or supports the track changes function in Word?

Now that I have an iPad that is so mobile, I'm trying to become paperless by taking notes in meetings and editing or annotating documents using my iPad rather than printing them out and marking them up. But I may be asking too much.

Many thanks!

I would take a look at Goodreader - excellent alround app and they have recently added annotation/highlighting for PDFs.
I haven't used cloud syncing but I imagine it will do what you need:

GoodReader for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store#

photocat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have been using Goodreader as well, altho, i haven't tried highlighting anything.

used itunes for downloading and of course for sync

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck in your med school. Remember every year gets better. Not easier but better.

Norma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded Goodreader and got it to annotate once, but I can't remember the order of steps to make annotation again. Does anyone have I instructions for annotating?

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Goodreader

I have had good luck with Goodreader for reading technical PDF papers, though I have not tried annotating them.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And by the way, is there also an app that allows either annotating Word documents or supports the track changes function in Word?

Glad I found this so didn't have to start a whole new thread.
I would like to find an app that allows me to annotate a Word document with handwritten notes. I have Goodreader and Noterize. I prefer Noterize in terms of PDF annotations. Both of course allow me to highlight and make markups with my stylus, enter handwritten or typed note. I would like an app that allows me to do the same with a Word document. Goodreader will open Word documents, but can't annotate them. I do know that I can always convert the document to PDF, but it would be great to be able to eliminate a step.

ILikeChoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pdf app suggestion

have you guys ever tried writepdf? that might be an option ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts