What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best os for my ipad

avril

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i newly bought one ipad. but i don't know about os. i need help.how to choose ipad os.

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest its a pretty easy decision to make. There is only one os you can get with the ipad. They made the decision for you

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL yea only one.

However there have been articles recently on various tech sites showing how people have gotten Android to work on the Iphone so I imagine it is only a matter of time before it is ported to the Ipad.

IMHO though it takes the whole point out of the Ipad. Androids app store sucks and Android also sucks too.

If you want a different OS just wait for Microsoft to come out with they're tablet. Dell is releasing one VERY soon also. Actually it might be available for pre order now.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much as I enjoy tinkering and customizing and rebelling from the norm, there's no way at this time that I would switch the OS if it were an option. My mobile phones quickly get flashed and run custom ROM's, but then again I've never been thrilled with any smartphone, the iPad just works, plain and simple, and although I'd like to change a few things, the software is as much a part of my liking the device as the hardware is for sure.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
The iPad is designed for the OS that is on it. Nothing wrong with Android, WinMobile, OSX, Windows, Linux...etc... And there will be devices come out that are built around those OS's.... And there will be many good choices, depending on ones needs and likes.

The iPad is not just hardware, at least 50% of the iPad experience is the software. If someone does not like that experience, the smart thing to do is get a different device. I originally was interested in the MS Courier. My wife wanted an iPad, and once in the store I decided to give one a two week trial. I figured the $50 restocking fee would be worth it just so I would know..... Well two months later, and there is no way I would give it up :D. But, if after a week it didn't fit me, I would have taken it back. There are plenty of good options on the way, and that's a good thing for all!

Most reactions