What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best notetaker apps?

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like Microsoft's Onenote. Free and easy to use. My favorite thus far.

You can find it on the AppStore for free.

Let us know what you think of it of you give Onenote a try.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BG, I love Noteshelf. I have quite a number of note taking apps and this is probably my favorite. If you want to use handwriting it is probably the best out there--totally like using a ballpoint when I use my Adonit Jot stylus. They have added typed text too and you can add photos and write "over" them--lots you can do. I bought Notability not too long ago and its rising in favor but I use it more for other things than just notetaking altho" it handles them well. Handwriting and text also. I'd decide which is more important and choose one based on that. I have had had Notetaker HD for a good long while but don't use it anymore. It may even be archived right now.

Diane

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to go +1 with Diane on NoteShelf. I've really pared down my apps and this one is the only note taking app I've kept. I've also used NoteTaker HD and Upad, which are also awesome apps.

I like the latest update that added text, but I enjoyed it before. The best part I like about it is the smooth way you can make the line advance move as you write. I can write almost as fast as if I was actually using paper and pen. I also enjoy having the ability to have a whole bunch of note books lined up on a shelf, titled however you wish (and you can make sub-bookshelves so you can keep similar notebooks together.

I also use it with a Jot styles, also it does well also with the thicker stylii such as the Boxwave or the Targus.

It really does come down to what works for you - we are lucky to have such good apps from,which to choose. Good luck with your search, hope some of this helped.

Marilyn

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I have to go +1 with Diane on NoteShelf. I've really pared down my apps and this one is the only note taking app I've kept. I've also used NoteTaker HD and Upad, which are also awesome apps.

I like the latest update that added text, but I enjoyed it before. The best part I like about it is the smooth way you can make the line advance move as you write. I can write almost as fast as if I was actually using paper and pen. I also enjoy having the ability to have a whole bunch of note books lined up on a shelf, titled however you wish (and you can make sub-bookshelves so you can keep similar notebooks together.

I also use it with a Jot styles, also it does well also with the thicker stylii such as the Boxwave or the Targus.

It really does come down to what works for you - we are lucky to have such good apps from,which to choose. Good luck with your search, hope some of this helped.

Marilyn

Times 2!

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beachgirl said:
http://www.ipadforums.net/members/3891.htmlDiane B, Mickey and Tuttle, thanks a lot, I'm buying this today, so far I bought Quickoffice, iAnnotate, so the Noteshelf should complement my collection
Just a question, where did you guys buy the Adonit Jot stylus?

One caution on the Jot. It will begin to skip after a while. To put it back to rights, pick up a small tube of conductive grease at Radio Shack. You pop off the disk and put a small squirt in the nib, then replace. Voila!

OP
Beachgirl

Beachgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One caution on the Jot. It will begin to skip after a while. To put it back to rights, pick up a small tube of conductive grease at Radio Shack. You pop off the disk and put a small squirt in the nib, then replace. Voila!

Thanks a lot Tuttle

genius_uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like note plus very good app abit pricey but well worth it you are able to send your notes to dropbox for safe keeping which is handy if you are writing a lot down worth looking at on the app store

sansnom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know those apps as well, but I've found Notability to be quite excellent. It's pretty intuitive and it's currently on sale at $0.99 so it's worth a shot. Pretty low opportunity cost to try and I've found it handy for taking multimodal notes.

OP
Beachgirl

Beachgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BG, I love Noteshelf. I have quite a number of note taking apps and this is probably my favorite. If you want to use handwriting it is probably the best out there--totally like using a ballpoint when I use my Adonit Jot stylus. They have added typed text too and you can add photos and write "over" them--lots you can do. I bought Notability not too long ago and its rising in favor but I use it more for other things than just notetaking altho" it handles them well. Handwriting and text also. I'd decide which is more important and choose one based on that. I have had had Notetaker HD for a good long while but don't use it anymore. It may even be archived right now.

Diane

Diane

I got the noteshelf and I like it so far, I could not work on it much as I did not have the pen, I will get the Adonit Jot stylus today, I'm getting the red, LOL, will update you later on but I'm so excited on this

Most reactions

Latest posts