What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best leather-folios or rather best-leather folios

OP
K

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
To continue otherwise I like the case the leather is nice enough and so is the inside. I also like that all the corners are covered Not sure I like the idea of it being held in by 4 corner straps. What if one loosens or tears? Not sure what to do about returning case. What to do?

Amandasue...sorry, I read something about iPod in your other post which probably was a typo - was it?. I am a little puzzled the text I got via forum mail is different from this, if you have the Florence what do you mean by corner straps?

Anyway you should ask Sena about your leather standing off. There are methods to shrink leather and they would know if you should use them or not.

All I can say it works already for me. Neither camera nor magnetic sleep function are hindered any more. I lay it top down over night and sometimes rub the edges (not where they are standing off, but where they are bent) to apply some heat and pressure, but dont know if really makes any difference.

Last edited:

Amandasue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kukulcan said:
Amandasue...sorry, I read something about iPod in your other post which probably was a typo - was it?. I am a little puzzled the text I got via forum mail is different from this, if you have the Florence what do you mean by corner straps?

Anyway you should ask Sena about your leather standing off. There are methods to shrink leather and they would know if you should use them or not.

All I can say it works already for me. Neither camera nor magnetic sleep function are hindered any more. I lay it top down over night and sometimes rub the edges (not where they are standing off, but where they are bent) to apply some heat and pressure, but dont know if really makes any difference.

No, I was saying that I like that with the Florence the whole unit fits in, while with other cases that people are raving about, like Oberon and saddleback, it looks like the iPod is held in by 4 corner straps which I don't think I'd like. Did sena tell u how long a break in period should be? With my front camera,there is a red halo (I have a red case) around the bottom. It's just annoying but for me 70$ is a nice amount of money and I wanted perfection. Oh well. Will put it face down over nite. Will contact them about leather shrinking, but imagine heat or steam . Thanks for writing back.

OP
K

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
No, I was saying that I like that with the Florence the whole unit fits in, while with other cases that people are raving about, like Oberon and saddleback, it looks like the iPod is held in by 4 corner straps which I don't think I'd like. Did sena tell u how long a break in period should be? With my front camera,there is a red halo (I have a red case) around the bottom. It's just annoying but for me 70$ is a nice amount of money and I wanted perfection. Oh well. Will put it face down over nite. Will contact them about leather shrinking, but imagine heat or steam . Thanks for writing back.

OK, I see what you mean with the Oberon. I am luckily not that obessed with having a cool looking case that stands out, but then this simple design with the straps will probably fit the next iPads too.

Saddleback is like the florence, full slide in, just that the saddleback is open on the left. I hope they will fit at least the next gen of iPads, maybe with some padding.

And then there are these cases that hold the ipad only buy some edges/corners, which I would rather be concerned about:

vaja_tap492c_5.jpg

But I havent heard any complaints with this type of case. Obviously it will probably fit exactly one generation of the device.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I havent heard any complaints with this type of case. Obviously it will probably fit exactly one generation of the device.

Try Googling "DodoCase iPad falls out" - you'll find any number of discussion threads about defective DodoCase frames, and even some videos showing the defects. But this seems to be mainly with the Dodos, as other vendors like Treegloo and Portenzo are making Moleskine-style cases which are far more durable.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you looked at the CHINAO or Reee premium leather case?

Chinao and REEE, as long as I've known the brands, don't really do quality leather. While they may use "genuine leather", despite the name that particular grade of leather is a far way down in the hierarchy of leather quality.

491.jpg

The price is the easy giveaway, as the highest quality leathers - full-grain leather, followed by top-grain leather - are expensive materials to work with, and coupled with the costs of workmanship (the best craftsmen don't usually work with inferior leathers), so you would not realistically expect to find prices for a quality iPad leather accessory to be under $100+.

OP
K

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
I must say I am very happy with the quality of the Sena Florence leather. At the 45€ I paid incl. international shipping it is a steal IMO.

But the Vaja Libretto in Shitake is so damn beautiful, that even at the price and the probably limited lifetime is still hanging over me like the sword of Damocles.

Edit: So I folded...if somebody here in germany/europe wants a great Sena Florence at a good price ... ;)

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But the Vaja Libretto in Shitake is so damn beautiful, that even at the price and the probably limited lifetime is still hanging over me like the sword of Damocles.

You should never regret buying quality: once you get it, you're going to be the coolest dude in the room/on the bus/in the cafe. The sheer beauty of your case will cause accidents. People will come up and talk to you. You'll feel happier.

(Just watch out for that open corner. Strange design on that one.)

OP
K

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
(Just watch out for that open corner. Strange design on that one.)
I'll see. I like that corner as it gives better access to the buttons than other cases and shows a little of the iPads back. I usually dont drop my iPad so I am not concerned.

But I am kinda sad abandoning the Sena, it is really nice too. When on the sofa in a more relaxed position I have the iPad in movie position and hold it by the sides with the thumbs on the front leather. I will probably miss that grip on the Libretto.

Last edited:

suncoastgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Pelle Leather Kindle Sleve w/Velcor Closure for $19.95 at Wilson Leather online for my Ipad2. It works great for me with my smart cover and I like the pocket on the outside for receipts, etc. I cannot post the link yet, I need one more post.

apostolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just bought vaja premium leather sleeve for ipad!it is fine leather with smart cover applied! Here is an unboxing video i have made!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkH9z-r5368]YouTube - ‪Unboxing Vaja premium leather Sleeve for iPad 2‬‏[/ame]

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Snugg iPad 2 Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand from Amazon for $29.99 and I love it. Sure it's PU Leather but it doesn't smell. The white stitching looks great against the black. The magnets that put it into sleep mode don't interfere with the compass which in researching many many cases I found that they did. I own many real leather items and found the fake stuff cleans up a lot easier than the real stuff. My iPad goes everywhere with me and a simple wipe with a damp clothes makes it brand new every time. Some just prefer real leather and I do too with a lot of products but not with this one.

Most reactions

Latest posts