What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best leather-folios or rather best-leather folios

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jman09 said:
I ordered the Saddleback case in dark brown at 2am today after returning my Yoobao to Amazon yesterday. Decided to pay the extra money for the quality I know will be there.
How long did it take to get yours?

You won't regret it. It two weeks for mine. Well worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks. Well I already got an email today saying they printed the shipping label for it. So since I'm in Texas hopefully it will get here early next week.

Amandasue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone order a sena Florence for iPad 2 or sena portfolio for ipad2 ? Happy with it?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amandasue said:
Anyone order a sena Florence for iPad 2 or sena portfolio for ipad2 ? Happy with it?

I was considering Sena for a time, before I came to the conclusion that although they do make very nice leather cases, the "sleek elegant" corporate styling is just a shade too bland. In my work I'm frequently in meetings with two or three other bankers/accountants who use similar, oh-so-boring 'executive cases' for their devices, and I'm quite pleased sometimes to be the lone, non-conformist Oberon folio owner in the room.

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say that this leather folio from belkin looks just perfect. Has anyone tried it?

STD1_F8N613-C00_883.jpg
FUL1_F8N613-C00_3324.jpg
FUL1_F8N613_0046.jpg

OP
K

Kukulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.time-tours.com
First, thanks all for the good advices.

I have now oredered the Florence as the price was prettey good as were the reviews of their other cases. But looking at the pictures of the Florence it looks as if the front part of the leather not fitting tight at all (you can see the camera hole casting a shadow in pic 3).

I will however paste my review of the case when I get it (ships monday it says).

About the Yoobao and all the clones, I had one that was leather, but it seems there are different models, some might be PU. I returned it as the camera hole on the back looked like a 3 year old cut it out.

Price being an issue or not, yeah sure it always is, but I rather spend a lttle more on something convincing. The point why I didnt go for a Pielframa, Vaja or saddleback is the nature of the device. At probably 1-2 years it is to shortlived to justify such pricey accessories. Would apple guarantee the next iPad(s) have the same form factor I probably would be more inclined to invest in such luxury accessories.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would apple guarantee the next iPad(s) have the same form factor I probably would be more inclined to invest in such luxury accessories.

Amen to that! Would be nice to have a case you are happy with fit the next iPad. Would save a fortune and also avoid needing to wait for case manufacturers to catch up

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, stay away from the Yoobao (Pyrus on Amazon -- it comes in a Yoobao box).

The smell just about knocked me off of my feet.

Will have to figure out a way to destink this.

Put some baking soda inside it, wait 24 hours, then vacuum it off.

If you don't want to put baking soda actually on it, put it in one of those large paper grocery bags with an open box of baking soda, staple it closed for a day or two.

That should do it.

Eran0801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laban said:
I must say that this leather folio from belkin looks just perfect. Has anyone tried it?

It is not nice. The stand slips at all three angles and after a couple of days the cover starts to warp.

Bieliquist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laban said:

Hi there...yes I have it and love it :)
Very easy to use and versatile...my only complaint is since most times I have my iPad sideways, it tends to slowly slide down...this is because the opening for iPad is at the bottom. What would have been better is either have the slide-in at the top or provide a Velcro closing to keep it nice and tight. But that's just my opinion :)

Bieliquist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eran0801 said:
It is not nice. The stand slips at all three angles and after a couple of days the cover starts to warp.

I have it and found it actually great. Stand does not slip for me nor does it warp.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very easy to use and versatile...my only complaint is since most times I have my iPad sideways, it tends to slowly slide down...this is because the opening for iPad is at the bottom.

Try putting a piece of anti-skid rubber (should be able to find them in a homewares or hardware store) between the back of the iPad and the case. That should be sufficient to hold the iPad in place.

Amandasue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kukulcan said:
Sena Florence case mini-review:

So finally I decided on the Sena Florence and already got it (delivery to germany was cheap and fast).

First the most important (and positive) thing is the leather. It is a smooth (but not soft) leather that smells only a little (and of leather). It feels like it will only get better over the time. All holes are cut out nicely, not like some 3 year old did it.

It looks sleek and elegant and is probably as slim as it gets (or close to that) and the inner material feels nice too.

A slightly longer list of smaller negative points to follow that wont make me return it:

- The front cover is stabilised by cardboard and both parts are bend a little by the leather, have some heavy books on it to get them flat. Not really an issue, but if for some reason you break that cardboard the case is kaputt. Of course not a Sena specific problem.
- The inner material is on the outside when using it as a stand and it gets dirty of course and the screen then gets dirty when it is closed. Leather inside would fix this but probably would be more expensive
- The lower right corner has kind of pocket to "lock" the cover. I dont need that, but it doesnt bother me neither. But you need to fiddle a little to get it in and I dont think it is very secure.
- Typing position is fine as is movie position. But with the second you need to push it down on the surface a little to flatten the standing part or it might fall over.
- Just my personal experience: I just found out I dont need it as slim as possible, something like the saddleback would probably give a better grip...but I assume the leather will get less "slippery" with time.

So now for the really important thing IMO. Right now the leather surrounding the screen stands off a little. They say it needs a "break in" period and will then fit like a glove. I really hope it does as this 2-3 millimeter off have several problems:

- It doesnt look nice
- The front camera picture shows a little bit of the leather, although that already got a little better
- The magnetic on/off function is hindered by this and works unreliable
- Dust gets under the edge. To remove it you can either take the iPad out all the time or go under the edge with a dustcloth and bend the edges up even more.

So if the "break in" will work as promised this case is a keeper for me despite the smaller problems. If it doesnt it will go back, as to much functionality is affected, even if front camera and magnetic switch arent my main concerns.

My case is also standing off the sides mostly on top over the camera, less over the home button and the least over the sides. How long did they say this breaking in period is for. I have case almost 3 weeks I think.

Amandasue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To continue otherwise I like the case the leather is nice enough and so is the inside. I also like that all the corners are covered Not sure I like the idea of it being held in by 4 corner straps. What if one loosens or tears? Not sure what to do about returning case. What to do?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts