What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ipad software for Stock market monitoring

shezts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another option

I'm the developer of Chart Tool, which has just been released on the iPad. Search the store for "chart tool". Its free, and I'd love to hear people's comments.

traderdata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
i just checked your stock app and would like to speak with you about a project...any interest?
we are a brasilian software developer firm....

regards and congratulations
felipe soares

shezts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Felipe,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please contact me through the help system in the app so that we can both avoid posting our email addresses here.

Shezts

Finance1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Portfolio Mobile

I've had some experience using Portfolio Mobile, which has some pretty good technical charting and is reasonably priced.

orion76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried iChartist?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pburby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surely u know metatrader? It's an iPhone app but works well - good on the pc too. T Interceptor isn't bad either.....

Last edited:

wlstorey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think your app has real possibilities. I use MACD a lot, and it would help if you included the histogram, not just the 12/26 lines. It is also very faint on the chart. Using a darker line would help.

jwilson86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#commodities App: Great iPad App for real-time news and analysis on Commodity markets

keep this App on my dock all the time. Let’s me keep up with Commodity Markets news and articles anytime. The App's user interface is well designed and makes it easy to read articles and research on the iPad, simple and efficient. This is one of the best commodities related Apps on the iTunes Store. All their Apps are on EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

stevetracks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CNBC app is really a better one. I really got better news from that . Its really a great thing to get without visiting . I do think its really very good , CNBC really a better one. Really liked it

dansch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm biased because I'm involved in the company, but I'd encourage everyone to check out ChartIQ. We've put out two technical analysis tools for the iPad - one is a trading simulator, and the other is for analyzing current market data. We weren't happy with the options out there (pretty charts, but not useful charts!) and decided we could do better. Check us out at EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

docdk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use scottrade has anyone found a way to use Scottrade ellite on the iPad

FinanceCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad software for stock market monitoring

I work in the finance and equity research business, so I know a lot of stuff.I tried a lot of apps and software to analyze stocks and manage my portfolio. Which app is the best for you in my opinion it really depends on what you need....fundamental stock analysis for iPad or just technical analysis?

I like the cnbc app for iPad and am using it for a long time, but for real fundamental stock analysis, I am currently beta testing the WorldCap app for free, a very new app for iPad :ipad-keyboard:, which I found through google and which I like very much so far (this is a young start up which just launched I guess).

At work we often use the bloomberg terminal solution, but for private use this is just to expensive.
You can also check with your discount broker like etrade or charles schwab, they often provide you with basic versions, some of them now begin to provide their customers with iPad software to manage their finances and trading.

There are a lot more apps, but most of them don´t cover the functions and features I am looking for.... the app market is still getting bigger...

Last edited:

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some apps you can try Stock Guru for iPad, StockWatch - iPad Edition, CNBC Real-Time for iPad, Market Scan - Stock Technical Analysis

Most reactions