What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad app for IM?

jaav88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
What is the best iPad app for IM (Msn messenger, facebook chat...)
Thank you!

Reaction score
There is an app called IM+ Pro which let's you connect to a variety of messengers (msn, icq, aol, Facebook, etc.)

It is fairly straight forward, they also have a free ad-supported version if you want to try it. The only difference from the paid version is ads and that the chat history cannot be saved.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to all this but I'm trying IMO first because is a free app :)

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

L.newland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not used IM+ pro so can't speak to that, but I have used IM+ free, didn't care for it much, didn't seem very responsive. I personally use Beejive but it has it's drawbacks being that it is not a universal app and if you want it for iPad and iPhone you have to pay twice, IM+ pro is universal.

What is everyone using for Skype or Yahoo Messenger video chatting on the iPad?

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can text your wife from your iPad. There are tons of apps but I have used text plus. My girlfriend and I text constantly, but on our phones we both use IM clients. She uses AIM and I use IM+ pro.

We found many advantages to instant message over SMS for our needs.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for IMO. switched from free IM+ to it and love it. Have on Iphone4 and iPad. Only draw back is occasional disconnect while idle (app says you it will boot you if you are inactive for 72 hrs). I use it with Google Talk and Facebook chat and it's great.

cheesyman90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use IMO and for a free app it does everything I need :) means I can now be on skype and Facebook chat at the same time on iPad

purpledragonfly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another vote for IMO. I use it primarily for Skype, rarely for Facebook and MSN. While I don't have the ability to video chat with it (iPad 1 user), it's perfectly fine for when I just want to text with people. I have never had a problem with syncing or connectivity.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought and used IM+ last year but now prefer Meebo.

Michael

L.newland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out IMO, it's really mice for a free app, I'll keep it on the iPad. Any solutions out yet for Skype or Yahoo Messenger video chat yet?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out IMO, it's really mice for a free app, I'll keep it on the iPad. Any solutions out yet for or Yahoo Messenger video chat yet?

yahoo messenger video chat and skype video chat works with iphone4 , maybe it'll work with the ipad2 now that it has a camera.

Most reactions