What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Flight Sim App

ToSusieQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the best Flight Sim App for Ipad?
The most realistic if possible.

I have Backyard Pilot but that's pretty lame.

Anyone tried Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Thanks,

Susie:)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flight Sim

X-plane gets a lot of great reviews...

Tim

Now repeat after me Jeff "I will not buy any more game apps" But I used to love Flight Sim x Oh dear, off to the app store again:) I'm guessing this would be best played with a joystick too?

jojoost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try metalstorm, notcreally a sim, but a lot of fun!!

Greetzz Jojoost

Sbh87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
x-Plane is awesome. Graphics are good, runs smooth on the iPad 2, and takes full advantage of the gyroscope. There are tons of planes to choose from, fully customizable weather situations, can also change the time of day. The one down side is the map areas are kind of small. For example you can't fly from New York to Chicago. You can pick NY or Chicago and many others areas and fly around that area, which are rather large. Not a huge draw back by any means. Also you can fly the space shuttle and for an extra 5 you can fly the apollo missions. The response of the plane or helicopter is very sensitive so one does not have to move the ipad around a lot to get the plane to respond. It took me a few days to get used to how much or little I had to move my device. Defiantly worth the 10 or 15 bucks. I also got a co-worker to buy this for his iPad 1 and he didn't have any complaints about how it ran with the A4 processor. He did suggest to kill all the other apps running in the back ground for the best experience.

genius101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who can help. I've recently tried to download metalstorm and x-plane which are of course both flight sim apps, and when the download process starts the icon disappears and the app never downloads. I've been able to download every other app I've purchased without any problems. What is the deal with these flight sim apps not downloading!?! Do I need to change something in my settings so they'll download?

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to learn how to fly a plane. I will check the app out .

Sent from Mr_President's iPad using iPF. 32GB 3g

hirschhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I've just found Infinite Flight and it's an excellent sim. Great controls and life-like behaviour. Beats X Plane airliner hands down in my view.

FlightEnthusiast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Old topic but I will also add my 2 cents since there are many new flight simulators out there.

You should try 737 Flight Simulator, it's available for iPad and iPhone but I like it on iPad so you can enjoy bigger indicators there. Looks like the concept is unique in this one, you can see the plane from right side. It has real life missions so you need to do something there not just flying.

Their website: ....Moderator Edit: external link removed. Please read the rules
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/737-flight-simulator.-best/id740191225?ls=1&mt=8

Regards,
FlightEnthusiast

Last edited by a moderator:

Darto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a million. Looks like Xplane 9 (the current version I see in the app store) is good to go even on iOs 5.1.
So it should run fine on any iPad.

Here's a tip: there are utilities for iPad that work with Micorsoft Flight Simulator X using "simconnect"...
...whereby you boot flightsim X on a computer PC, and boot the utility on an iPad and the two programs
are aware of each other. FSX runs on PC and your moving map, flightplanner, radio stack or whatever
is on the iPad. Ask online at the AVSIM forum about this, ask them what iPad apps they run
at the same time as flightsimulator X is on their PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts