What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best DVD to iPad tool ?

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Cucusoft...
I also have Cucusoft and think it's great. Very easy to use - in fact you can set it so all you have to do is select the DVD and then it does everything else on its own. It has great PQ and I watch both on my iPad and through Apple TV. The only issue is it won't output Dolby Digital sound. Is there any converter that will also output Dolby Digital (DD isn't necessary for the iPad of course, but I'd like it when watching via Apple TV)?

With Handbrake you can output two audio streams. I usually output Dollby Surround and AC3 passthrough. The AC3 passthrough will give you Dolby Digital on the Apple TV. (However, AC3 is not supported by iTunes or Quicktime.)

daltonbaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadconverter-mac.com
Most of DVD Ripper software can rip copyright protected DVD movies, but you should remember it is illegal to rip DVD for any business purpose. if you use handbrake, you can check with the appleTV preset

OP
L

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of DVD Ripper software can rip copyright protected DVD movies, but you should remember it is illegal to rip DVD for any business purpose. if you use handbrake, you can check with the appleTV preset

Thanks. I am full aware of that. All I wanted is to load the DVDs I have legally bought and put some of them on my iPad for travel purposes.

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some DIVX videos on my PC at home and would like to load them onto my iPad ... will Handbreak work, or would you recommend another free program?

Thanks!

-CP

Most reactions

Latest posts