What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best carrier for iPad

cygnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobileoutlet.com.au
I plan to travel next year internationally, quite extensively too, I live in Australia, what carrier would be the best for me in terms of coverage, being in IT i will need to rely on the iPad to run my business, email, update clients websites etc...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pick whatever carrier is best wherever you frequent most in Australia, then pick up local micro-SIMs wherever else you go.

Unless Australian carriers offer unusually affordable service when you're abroad, you'll end up overpaying if you stick with one carrier as you travel.

There are plenty of posts for SIM purchases in various countries, so the forum search function is useful.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely pick up a local micro-SIM, as the previous poster suggests. You can find recommendations for carriers for most countries on the Forum or - if you let us know the countries you plan to visit - we can usually help.

If money is no object, then roaming abroad has certain advantages in that you can roam from one network to another. When you purchase a local SIM you are fixed to that network in the country that you visit and are unable to switch to competing networks.

Tim

bigdan80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carrier in Australia

A friend referred me to ACN. They use the Optus network. I bought a 1gb mobile broadband for $14 a month. they send you the micro sim via express post. Go to the acnpacific .com.au website and use the ID:7250290300 when ordering. And make sure you put "Micro SIM" in the special instructions box so they send you the right SIM.:ipad-front:

Most reactions