What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best camera apps

gameseeker1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which camera app do you like and what are some of the features you like from it? You don't know what you are missing with an app unless you hear about cool features from other apps. I would like to hear some interesting features. Thanks.

OP
G

gameseeker1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am used to seeing the essential features like exposure settings, scene options, etc. I am looking for some apps with unique features that people find interesting and useful.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a photographer, shooting with a 12 megapixel camera, I find the ipad camera only slightly better than worthless for photography. Its great as a web cam and for random stuff. But all the tweaks Ive seen in photo applications are hardly worth it. that said, I have an app that can stitch together photos to form a mosaic/panorama. That might be interesting if tried on the ipad. I have another camera app that does kaleidoscope representations. That is rather fun under some circumstances.

OP
G

gameseeker1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you that you can't take the iPad (or other portable device) seriously for the truly high-grade photography. I like to have it as a backup for situations where I don't have my camera or somehow can't use it. That's when it's nice to have some flexibility with an app that can do more than just point and click. Thanks for the feedback.

NemesisII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera+ of taptaptap I guess.
For Panorama picture : Pano (The best synch I've tried)

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Top Camera here and there. Plenty of options.

Sent from Latveria

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the ipad camera is far from high quality...the movie camera is a different story...but for still pics ... why bother, you are not really going to like the end product.

Ashlyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out ProCamera (for iPhone) and ProCamera HD (for iPad)!!
ProCamera (for iPhone) is the most professional full-featured camera app available. It has gotten numerous awards and is loved by over a million users. ProCamera HD (for iPad) inherited the full suite of ProCamera’s professional capabilities and ease of use and even added several new and unique features to take full advantage of iPad.

The iPad is an essential travel companion, with its media-rich functionality. Now with ProCamera HD, iPad will become a primary camera for photos and videos, and social media sharing. ProCamera HD, together with ProCamera, will cover all your iDevice photography needs.

Both apps are available in iTune store.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ProCam is good, but not quite as handy IMHO as Camera Awesome! from SmugMug. But hey, try them both.

Of all the apps that let you adjust an image after taking, Snapseed is the most useful, better even than Photoshop Express, because it's so easy to use as well as delivering great results.

These two apps let me document a three-week vacation entirely with my iPad, in near real time via Flickr. No, the photos and videos are not professional quality. But they're good enough to show off the Retina advantage over prints when I share the trip with friends. Waterfalls were made for HD video! If you're hiking, a padded case/bag with a shoulder strap is a really good idea.

Then there's Old Fart Booth, which must be tried to be believed. Warning: DO NOT use it on women without obtaining informed consent first.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions