What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best apps for iPad

AhsaneeeZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just got my new iPad but am confuse on selecting best apps.Can anyone plz suggest me some good apps regarding to take the best use out of my ipad.

Thanks in advance !

cwinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app store has a section for that called "iPad Essentials" or something to that tune. Just poke around. Also, there are plenty of well known websites (CNET, PCMag, etc etc) that have lists like this. In the end, individual tastes will vary, but that is what I did when I got the iPad. In fact, I think Apple even sent me an email after registering the iPad with links to recommended apps.

OP
AhsaneeeZ

AhsaneeeZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks cwinter.
But can yu telme your favourite apps ,that would help

spatterman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AhsaneeeZ said:
Thanks cwinter.
But can yu telme your favourite apps ,that would help

It can take AGES filling your iPad with apps that you will regularly use - I myself have a number that I've downloaded, used a couple of times and then ignored.

However, some of my favourites are (I'll just list them, you can check out their full descriptions on iTunes):

1. Bejewelled - hideously additive
2. Free Flow - addictive and annoying in equal parts
3. Empire magazine - best magazine on the iPad
4. Angry Birds - nuff said
5. Kindle ebook reader
6. Dictionary from dictionary.com
7. Draw Some - a bit like Pictionary that you can play against friends or with random users online.
8. BBC iPlayer - BBC's catch up service (brilliantly put together)
9. 4oD - Channel 4's catchup service.
10. Wurdle - form words against the clock from a grid of tiles
11. GearedHD - maddening game where you fit gears together to move a single
12. WordsHD - a bit like Scrabble
13. TVCatchup - brilliant app for use when you are in a Wifi zone (note - these are UK channels)
14. BBC News
15. Netflix - a paid service (£5.99 per month) with a library of films and tv shows.
16. Air Hockey - nicely put together app which you can play against the iPad or in two player mode.

This list is very very personal. Hope there are some in there that might spark your interest!

OP
AhsaneeeZ

AhsaneeeZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot spatterman !
For your precious time.
I am viewing each app nd loving them !
Thanks again

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread reminds me how useful it would be to be able to send a list of installed apps on an iPad or iPhone to friends. I get lots of requests from friends about what apps I would recommend,so it would be great to have an app that created an alphabetic list of installed apps that I could optionally annotate and definitely email.

Does anyone know how this could be done either via iTunes or via an App. I've searched the app store a number of times and can't see anything that would do this. I know a list can be VIEWED via Settings / general / usage but that can't be emailed.

OP
AhsaneeeZ

AhsaneeeZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think screenshot is the best solution .
If yu can do this for us.
That would be very helpful to is newbies !

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, tried AppZapp and first impressions are good. Yes, it is able to generate a link in an email to a neat web page of your apps such as http://mobile.appzapp.net/MyApps/tasilee.html?storeKey=AU. The scan of my system (my iPod in this case) listed a bunch of apps I didn't have as well as missing a number that I did have (e.g., tivizen, tenvis, etc). Will now figure if they can be added.

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppZapp missed 11/43 of my apps and I can't figure how they can be added. A bit weird. A nice app, but serious need for better app profiling of your iPad, iPhone and better sort options on apps lists.

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, AppZapp is a tad immature, but has great potential if they address the few significant shortcomings.

Most reactions