What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app to use FACEBOOK

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use the Facebook website in safari and just saved it to my home screen for easy access to it. Didn't really like the user interface of some of the other apps mentioned above, wish they would make an official app!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

covind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, guys, I read the article about Facebook apps, but it didn't tell me much. Are there any apps that preserve all the features of Facebook? I have Flipboard, and it is beautiful, but very much behind in getting updates. Also, it won't let me do many things like comment (sometimes works, sometimes not) or "like". Neither it nor iPad Safari support chat, and neither let's me suggest friends or upload photos.

Meowzart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
covind said:
OK, guys, I read the article about Facebook apps, but it didn't tell me much. Are there any apps that preserve all the features of Facebook? I have Flipboard, and it is beautiful, but very much behind in getting updates. Also, it won't let me do many things like comment (sometimes works, sometimes not) or "like". Neither it nor iPad Safari support chat, and neither let's me suggest friends or upload photos.

Of all the Fb apps I've tried I am really liking 'in touch for Facebook' the best. It doesn't freeze. It seems to preserve all the functions nicely and is really optimized for iPad. Highly recommend. Easy to get status updates which is one thing most of th apps seem to ignore. Nowi haven't tried uploading photos or chat so you'd need to check that out.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope this helps.

Check out MyPad for Facebook it's really cool. I'm using it and love it.

There's a paid and a free version here's the link to the paid version MyPad+ - for Facebook for iPad on the iTunes App Store

I 2nd this, I used both Friendly and MyPad and neither are perfect by any means when comparing to the iPhones native app, which I don't know why they haven't ported it over to support iPad. But when having to choose from what we have MyPad is my Go To!

scostudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddy20 said:
I just use the Facebook website in safari and just saved it to my home screen for easy access to it. Didn't really like the user interface of some of the other apps mentioned above, wish they would make an official app!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Eddy, you are right! So far, Safari is the best. Friendly ads are not very friendly (rather annoying)
Thanks for your post!

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Facebook app for iPhone, seems to work the best. I have Friendly Pro as well but it never seems to work when I need it to.

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read an article someone tweeted... Seems like facebook will be launching an iPad Facebook application in the coming weeks.. Optimized etc.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

salem101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops said:
Just read an article someone tweeted... Seems like facebook will be launching an iPad Facebook application in the coming weeks.. Optimized etc.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Who can help me to find the best reading app for PDF or word ,,etc ?
Thanks

Alifaruq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I just use Safari to access my Facebook account. The apps are just alright, I am shocked no developer has made serious effort into this.

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah hopefully this will be out soon and works as well as the iPhone version

Sent from my iPad 2 in Lymm, Cheshire, UK, using iPF

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ml88 said:
I use http://www.facebook.com/ in Atomic Web Browser.

Looking forward for the upcoming official Facebook app :)

Posted yesterday on I-lounge News section..
http://www.ilounge.com/mobile#_home

Facebook is planning to launch a native iPad app in the “coming weeks,” according to a new report. Citing people briefed on Facebook’s plans, the New York Times reports that the new application will be free, and has been specifically designed and optimized to take full advantage of the iPad. According to the report, the app has been in development for almost a year, and is now in the final stages of testing after going through several design iterations. While the Chat and Groups features have undergone overhauls for the launch, the photo sharing features—including the ability to shoot and upload photos and videos directly from the iPad 2’s cameras—will likely grab the most attention. “The photo and video experience is amazing, offering full resolution and full-screen images,” said a person who has seen the app. Facebook currently offers no iPad-optimized experience via an app or the web, instead directing users to the service’s standard desktop website.

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg was asked about plans for such an app last November, and responded by stating that the “iPad is not mobile,” before Facebook’s mobile platform chief Eric Tseng clarified by indicating that Facebook considers the iPad to be part of a whole new class of devices, and not a mobile platform in the same way that a phone is.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

Most reactions