What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC Releases European Version of iPlayer iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKqOZrqkmxg&feature=player_detailpage"]BBC iPlayer (Global) - now launched on iPad in Europe! - YouTube[/ame]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Telegraph reports that the BBC has today released a European version of its popular iPlayer iPad app, which has previously only been available to UK residents. From today, the app is available as a free download in 11 European countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Portugal), which will get you access to taster clips and episodes. Paying the subscription fee of €49.99 per year, or €6.99 per month will get you unlimited access to all content, even when you’re offline. Unfortunately America and Canada will have to wait until the end of the year until the player is released there. Jana Bennett, BBC Worldwide’s president of Worldwide Networks and Global iPlayer told The Telegraph that what it is calling the “Global iPlayer†(even though it’s currently only available in Europe), is very different to the UK version of the app. Unlike the UK app, you will not be able to use it to watch live TV on your iPad, or access the catch up service, nor will you be able to listen to BBC radio stations via the player. According to Bennet, the “Global†version of the BBC iPlayer will offer just “the best of the BBC’s content.†That’s not to be sneezed at though, as there’s some good classic stuff on there such as Fawlty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous, Doctor Who, Extras and Blue Planet, to name but a few![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BBC launches global iPlayer app - Telegraph[/FONT]

Herve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
hervetavernier.blogspot.com
Subscription problem

Although I subscribed (and paid - one year € 49.9) I can only view the free content in the BBCiPlayer Global.
Seems my subscription for the full content is not activated.
Reinstallation and/or synchronisation does not change anything.

I live in Belgium.
No solution for my problem till now, nor from BBC-support, nor from iTunes-support.
Someone with the same problem or sulution?

Hervé

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might take a couple of days for the activation to be put in place. If the situation doesn't improve you can always get a refund from the Apple Support line. Just quote them your transaction reference number and they'll refund the price as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this as soon as I saw it on the appstore and signed up immediately. So far it has worked well apart from two things: There is one programme that will not stream or download (Wallander season 2 ep 1), but all the rest are fine. Secondly, although the app can be mirrored to an HDMI TV, it displays at 1024 x 768 in the middle of the screen. It does not work at all with AppleTv.

Really these are minor niggles in an otherwise great app - well worth the subscription IMHO

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts