What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC iPlayer iPad App Out Now, and it Rocks!

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And speaking of our favourite programmes on the telly.... what ever happened to Alan Titchmarsh?

alan_titchmarsh.jpg

We used to love "Ground Force" and I even bought some of his gardening books for the my wife. Is he even still on their over there? I know that Charlie and Tommy tried to make a go of the show without him, but that appears to have been an utter failure. It would like "Top Gear" without Jeremy!

He is now hosting a very mediocre (and I am being kind with mediocre!) chat show in the afternoon. Loads of D list celebs. wannabees and any one floging a book or a film!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I wasn't worried about Alan Titchmarsh as much as I was about that poor Charlie Dimmock. I sure hope she got a better job because with what they were paying her to be on "Ground Force", she couldn't even afford a respectable brassiere! Do you think the producers were aware of that???

(I would post a picture, but this is a "family friendly" forum!)

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone tried using this app with video out leads connected to a TV? Does it support that? Or is it considered protected content?? If we can send this to a TV I'm definately going to get myself a video out lead!

I recently bought an Apple component lead for the iPad for £28 via Amazon. Video out is supported on the old beta version of the iPlayer application, but I understand that the current application does not, which has got to be a backwards step.

Using the beta application (I'm sure I downloaded it off the BBC iPlayer website when I first visited it on the iPad), the picture quality on my 27" LG LED 1080p screen is very very good, easily as good as Freeview. No problems with buffering either that seem to be plaguing the current app either.

If you're able to source the beta app, go for that instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts