What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem

Tootall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Tried to charge my iPad with the USB from my pc, message top right hand corner said not charging, went out and bought mains charger but it says the same thing. Unit is only one month old.
I have checked both cables with my iPod and they work. The unit makes noise when the cable is plugged in and changes from the battery % to not charging
Any ideas please
Thanks

Last edited:

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
A quick search would have shown you that the "Not Charging" on the screen while plugged into a PC is normal. It is not charging when the screen is on, however when the screen is off, it will charge, albeit slowly, from the USB. This is because the USB ports on the PC do not have the same power as the ramped up iPad charger.

OP
T

Tootall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Batttery

Hi thanks for the prompt reply, it says the same thing when plugged into the mains socket.
Any ideas

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A mains socket is what we call a wall receptacle or power outlet here in the US.

To the OP, didn't your iPad come with a wall charger when you got it? Have you tried using that charger instead?

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is a "mains socket?" Is it the one that came with the iPad?
Tootall is probably a "Brit" or an "Aussie". If so, "mains" means an A.C. power outlet to us Yanks.

Also, I believe a read a post wherein an Ipod charging cable doesn't work properly with an Ipad. Is is possible he is using the wrong cable?

OP
T

Tootall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aussies are just Brits that didn't make the cut,
thanks for the advice, yes I am using an iPod cable, left the Ipad cable at home 500miles away didnt realise there was a difference
Will go and buy the right one from the apple store.
And correct the mains socket I refer to is in fact the 240v system over here.
Thanks again
Tootall.

Most reactions

Latest posts