stevnim
iPF Noob
Probably the most important thing about battery and electronics lifetime is keeping them cool.
When I bought mine, the Apple genius said not to use it plugged in. TO let the battery die each time, charge it fully, then unplug. It does indeed shut off when it gets to 100%, so charging overnight is fine, but as soon as it is in use, the charger kicks in whilst it's connected. So, when you see 98%, it will start charging again. I asked him surely it will cut off again and not charge when it's at a 100 whilst I'm using it and he said no, it will carry on charging... only when it's sleeping it stops. Rambling, sorry, but you get the gist. So I'll do as he said... that way it's his fault if he's wrong!![]()
jsh1120 said:In this case the "genius" is basing his advice on mythology. Try this experiment. Fully charge your iPad. Use it while plugged in. You'll find it never drops below 100%. Thus, the scenario you outline simply does not occur. To give the "genius" the benefit of the doubt he may have been talking about what would happen if your iPad was plugged into a source that could not charge as fast as you are draining the battery, e.g. your PC.