What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life after updating to ios5

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess to some extent it is going to depend on the age of the unit. Mine was purchased in August, so my battery is relatively new, but I never plug it into charge until it dies, and then I charge it fully.

Pretty impressive battery lives being reported here though! Way beyond the ten hours we were given originally.

chorror

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I have found my battery life to be better, I am having an issue getting it to charge. It has been charging for nearly 20 hours and is only up to 43%. Has anyone had an issue with charging?

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chorror said:
While I have found my battery life to be better, I am having an issue getting it to charge. It has been charging for nearly 20 hours and is only up to 43%. Has anyone had an issue with charging?

No I would try to calibrate if you haven't tried that yet.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
I haven't charged in 3 days, I'm at 35%!

Is that three days constant use?

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't charged in 3 days, I'm at 35%!
Has anyone got the time for constant use? I did my monthly total discharge last evening. Went out for the night used used iPad for about two hours on Facebook, istening to different versions of 'Calendonia' on YouTube (with pictures) and surfed.Have been online for about 20 mins andreading 95%. I believe if you have followed Apple advice on maintaining battery life and life of battery then it is possible to attain such figures now. If ye hath faith as a mustard seed, nothing is impossible with Apple!

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slow charge....

Check your cable. Are you using the correct one. iPod cable will not transfer as quickly as proper one for iPad. The wattage should be 10, not 5 as for iPod and other devices. Check that wall plug is not overheating :)

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, not constant use over three days but a lot of use first day, several hours second day and about 4 on the third day. However, I always need to charge every night so this seems to me to be much battery life although I wasn't complaining before! 10 hours is awesome given that 4 out of my laptop is considered great! I love this thing and I do love the new changes including tabs in Safari.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Hi, not constant use over three days but a lot of use first day, several hours second day and about 4 on the third day. However, I always need to charge every night so this seems to me to be much battery life although I wasn't complaining before! 10 hours is awesome given that 4 out of my laptop is considered great! I love this thing and I do love the new changes including tabs in Safari.

Me too! I love it. Love it love it love it. My laptop now feels like picking up a concrete block. I can carry this around with me whilst I'm doing other things. I do so much more on it than I ever did on my laptop. I also love the fact it never gets hot, my laptop used to get so hot I thought it would catch fire! Instead it used to cut out for a few hours whilst it cooled down... And that was using a cooling tray to work on!

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
drover said:
Has anyone got the time for constant use? I did my monthly total discharge last evening. Went out for the night used used iPad for about two hours on Facebook, istening to different versions of 'Calendonia' on YouTube (with pictures) and surfed.Have been online for about 20 mins andreading 95%. I believe if you have followed Apple advice on maintaining battery life and life of battery then it is possible to attain such figures now. If ye hath faith as a mustard seed, nothing is impossible with Apple!

I use mine pretty heavily throughout the day except when I am in bed. And I can go from when I start work 7:45 am to about 10:00 pm, and have about 30% left on my battery. Which if I don't charge it at night it will usually get me through lunch the next day depending on what I am doing with it.

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No problem charging every day/night but it is important to empty battery regularly and do full recharge :) Slainte.

Most reactions

Latest posts