What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain problem in iPad 2 wifi running ios 6.1.2

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, im using Battery Doctor pro to monitor my battery on my iPad2 wifi and normally turn on the iPad for almost 7-8 hours everyday. but recently i am facing a battery drain, the battery capacity dropped from 5800mAh to 5574mAh in just 4 days. one month back it was around 6200mAh. why am i getting such a steep drop? and is 'trickle' charge option in Battery Doctor pro harming my battery as i did not face the battery drain problem before using Battery Doc pro. or is any app causing this problem? please help!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's quite possible that the battery doctor is the issue if that's the only thing that's changed on your unit since this started happening. Try a full recharge and then turn off or remove the battery doctor and see how things go. That's the sure test.

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok. good idea. is it possible that trickle charge might cause this battery problem because i can still charge my battery for almost 30 minutes after it says 100% on the battery. so im a bit suspicious.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ok. good idea. is it possible that trickle charge might cause this battery problem because i can still charge my battery for almost 30 minutes after it says 100% on the battery. so im a bit suspicious.

You can leave your iPad plugged in indefinitely after it says 100% charged, you will not harm the battery in any way.

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok. so does that mean overcharging will not happen even after 100% charged and plugged in? i'v heard that overcharging and undercharging reduces the battery life.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ok. so does that mean overcharging will not happen even after 100% charged and plugged in? i'v heard that overcharging and undercharging reduces the battery life.

You cannot overcharge the iPad battery, the built in charging circuitry prevents this. The only way you can do your battery lasting harm is to drain it completely dead and leaved it in a dead state for an extended period of time.

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh scifan57, thanks for the info. so trickle charge wouldnt harm my battery :) so best option for me is to fully charge it and uninstall battery doc pro and see what happens.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
oh scifan57, thanks for the info. so trickle charge wouldnt harm my battery :) so best option for me is to fully charge it and uninstall battery doc pro and see what happens.

That would be a good way of discovering if the battery doctor pro app is actually the cause of your battery drain. Let is know if it works.

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, so i uninstalled battery doc pro and my iPad 2 just works fine. I did 3 full charge test and on one full charge i can normally use it for a day. I think the monitoring of apps by battery doc pro is the main problem, it closes unused apps which are open for a long time so basically it has to keep a timer on all open apps. Or it could be a bug with the app, I dont know if others are facing the same problem but thats what im suspecting abased on my experiment. :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys, so i uninstalled battery doc pro and my iPad 2 just works fine. I did 3 full charge test and on one full charge i can normally use it for a day. I think the monitoring of apps by battery doc pro is the main problem, it closes unused apps which are open for a long time so basically it has to keep a timer on all open apps. Or it could be a bug with the app, I dont know if others are facing the same problem but thats what im suspecting abased on my experiment. :)

Great, sounds like you found the issue. Maybe contact the app developers and let them know? Has anyone else you know complained about this problem?

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi s2mikey, my frens were using battery doctor HD and they did not report any issue..soo i have downloaded it as well and will test it again..maybe the PRO version has a bug..will report again after testing it..:)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi s2mikey, my frens were using battery doctor HD and they did not report any issue..soo i have downloaded it as well and will test it again..maybe the PRO version has a bug..will report again after testing it..:)

Sounds like a plan. Maybe just a new install will help? Good luck!

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys..I did the test and it turns out to be pretty good..Two full charge lasted for 2 days each approx..so no problem with Battery Doctor HD..:-]

Most reactions

Latest posts