What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup File Locations

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source that explains what goes on during an iPad sync?

I have found backup files on my computer but I can't determine what they contain and they don't seem large enough to contain all my data.

I am wondering what types of files (apps, data, photos, music, etc.) are backed up and the backup location (my desktop, apple's servers?) for each type of file.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends which computer you have, Mac or PC.

On the PC your music all goes to the:

C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes

Folder, photos should go to a folder you specify in your Pictures folder. The rest probably goes to your AppData folder which is hidden by default.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

OP
B

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends which computer you have, Mac or PC.

On the PC your music all goes to the:

C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes

Folder, photos should go to a folder you specify in your Pictures folder. The rest probably goes to your AppData folder which is hidden by default.

What exactly are you wanting to do?
--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I am using a PC for sync.

I'm an engineer with the typical compulsion to know how things operate and what I can do if things go wrong.

One remaining question is how much gets saved on iTunes? For example, if my desktop backup files were totally lost, how much could I recover? Would I have to repurchase my apps? music?

Most reactions