What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing tracks

donsch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using a laptop for playing backing music but the laptop is now showing its age (like me) and I am looking at tablet pc's which look a bit dodgy at present, but not sure if ipad will do the job. I use an imac and a pc to produce the tracks in 'Band in a box' and/or garage band or MP3 tracks.

Very interested in the comments i have read so far.
THANKS

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donsch1 said:
I have been using a laptop for playing backing music but the laptop is now showing its age (like me) and I am looking at tablet pc's which look a bit dodgy at present, but not sure if ipad will do the job. I use an imac and a pc to produce the tracks in 'Band in a box' and/or garage band or MP3 tracks.

Very interested in the comments i have read so far.
THANKS

The band I was in last year used backing tracks, at that time we didn't have an iPad but used an iPod. We did this simply by setting the backing tracks as a playlist in iTunes then loading the playlist onto the iPod (for iPod read iPad). We then used two different methods depending on the circumstances of the gig......we would either plug the headphone output directly into the mixer or through an interface. If you just need backing tracks for gigs then going straight from the iPad into a mixer will do the trick.

Let me know if you need any more info and good luck.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts