What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Background downloading for ios 6?

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad won't download in lockscreen. Any tweaks for that?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's also a tweak called Insomnia (you can get an SBSettings toggle, too) that, when activated, prevents your iPad from really going to sleep. So, if you're starting a download that you'll know will take longer than normal, activate Insomnia and let 'er rip. You can lock the ipad if you wish after Insomnia is activated - the download will still run and your WiFi will stay on, no matter what your AutoLock setting is. Then, you can turn off Insomnia when you are done.

If you have SBSettings, you can also install a toggle to quickly turn your AutoLock off. Basically, your changing it to "Never" as suggested by Jupiter7 - its just quicker using a toggle. But, that's not putting your iPad to sleep (the Lockscreen won't show).

There are other things you can do, but this is what I've used.

Marilyn

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are we talking about jail broken iPads. I always turn off the AutoLock whenever I update. My pad isn't jail broken.

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am discussing jail broken iPads

Most reactions