What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up battery for iPad 2

luvmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered my iPad 2, and I will do a lot of presentation ... do I need an iPad 2 back up battery? any recommendation?

thanks!

Cherry

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Will you be unable to charge it for 8 hours? Thats the only reason you would need a backup battery, you can easily get 8 hours out of a full charge and thats actually using the ipad for the full 8 hours, if you just leave it in standby its much much longer between charges.

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered my iPad 2, and I will do a lot of presentation ... do I need an iPad 2 back up battery? any recommendation?

thanks!

Cherry

As the other reply mentioned, the iPad can be used for 8+ hours so you probably won't need a back up battery. But if you really want to be sure like me, then I'd recommend the Proporta 5000 mAh battery. They make a couple of battery back up units so make sure you double check to get the 5000 mAh with the two (2) USB charging ports, one is 1.5 A for the iPad, the other a standard 500 for the iPhone or most other devices. And YES you can charge two things at the same time if you need to.

You can get this from a variety of sites but I purchased mine directly from Proporta's web site in the UK for shipment to Canada.

I'm very happy with mine, had to use it when travelling (even an iPad won't last for a 17 hour flight from NthAmerica to Australia), amazingly small and light for 5000 mAh, fits easily in my pants pocket. I purchased a 6 inch Apple/USB cable to use with it. I got the 6 inch cable from USBFever-dot-com in Hong Kong, cheap, well made, cheap shipping, reliable.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Proporta 5000. I've been wondering if it would work with the iPad. When I travel for work I am sometimes far from a power outlet for extended periods. I've been considering a supplemental battery for my faithful travel companion, but just hate to buy something and then find out it doesn't work.

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Proporta 5000. I've been wondering if it would work with the iPad. When I travel for work I am sometimes far from a power outlet for extended periods. I've been considering a supplemental battery for my faithful travel companion, but just hate to buy something and then find out it doesn't work.

I just went and checked their web site. The model I'm talking about that charges the iPad is called "USB TurboCharger 5000". I'd post the link but I don't think that's allowed here.

I find the 6 inch Apple/USB cable from USBFever more practical than the spring-loaded retractable cable that comes with the 5000. I've bought a number of items from USBFever and always been satisfied with them and they have great prices. It's not the easiest web site to browse however.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:
I just went and checked their web site. The model I'm talking about that charges the iPad is called "USB TurboCharger 5000". I'd post the link but I don't think that's allowed here.

I find the 6 inch Apple/USB cable from USBFever more practical than the spring-loaded retractable cable that comes with the 5000. I've bought a number of items from USBFever and always been satisfied with them and they have great prices. It's not the easiest web site to browse however.

Thanks again! I'm going to try the Proporta as soon as the budget will allow.

Most reactions