What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVPlayerHD not supporting Chapters?

KenB123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have movies converted to .m4v using Handbrake. The .m4v are encoded with 'Chapters'. Played with the default iPad-3 video player, the movie chapters are shown and selectable. While watching, you can skip to the next/previous chapter using the on-screen playback controls.

I just purchased AVPlayerHD mainly because of the 'folder' support it offers. While that is dandy (and I wish the default iPad player would support), I am finding that AVPlayerHD is not supporting the 'Chapters', which is disappointing. Best you can do is fast-forward or backward. So are Chapters supported perhaps and this a case of 'user' ignorance? If so, can you please explain what I might need to do to get AVPlayerHD to support Chapters? Thanks.

Most reactions