What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie here with a ipad2..
How do i put an avatar in ipad so that it appears when I send a message..?

Thanks....Leon

OP
pyewacket

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn...worked on this forum...is there any way I can get it to work on ipad when sending messages..??

Thanks..Leon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean sending messages from this forum? Or sending message from e-mail? Sending text messages? Etc?

See, it gets complicated real fast... :)

Please give us more details on how you are trying to include a picture/avatar, and in what medium, and I am sure someone (maybe even me! :D) can help.

Marilyn

OP
pyewacket

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again...I am refering to sending messages from the message "section" in ipad.

In the message section..ch6 in the ipad user guide..there are pics [avatars ?] against the messages, depending on whether it was sender or receiver..

Leon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again...I am refering to sending messages from the message "section" in ipad.

In the message section..ch6 in the ipad user guide..there are pics [avatars ?] against the messages, depending on whether it was sender or receiver..

Leon

Ah, I see what you mean.

They show if (1) that person you are texting/iMessaging with is in your Contacts and (2) you have a picture loaded in your Contacts for that person. It's not them sending you the picture, its your iPad dipping into your Contacts app to show you the picture you already have.

So, if you put a picture of you in your Contacts app (and link it to the e-mail you are using for iMessage), that picture will show up as you in iMessage. The same for anyone else you talk with...

Hope that makes sense - and helps.

Marilyn

OP
pyewacket

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
very many thanks....seems to make sense...will give it a go...:)

Have another ??? re the keyboard/typing...but need to make sense of the ??? first !

Leon

Most reactions

Latest posts