What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic video editing

alexh110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering whether there's an app for iPad 2 that's similar to the Muvee software for PC?
It's an automatic video editor, that selects all the shots for you, times them to the music you've selected, and combines them with professional quality transitions and effects.
Saves a lot of time not having to manually select and trim all the shots.

Have read through the iMovie for iPad documentation, and it appears to only support manual editing, with no option for automatic shot selection.
Since there's no version of Muvee for iPad, I'm not sure what to search for in the App Store?

My PC is too slow to effectively use Muvee on HD videos shot with my iPad: so I really need an iPad version!

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually just found a possibly better one. Try Flixlabs, its free whereas Vidify is not free. Flixlabs allows you to add photos or/and videos from any photo album whereas Vidify, as far as I can see only lets you access the camera roll which restricts it somewhat.

OP
A

alexh110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only just saw this reply!
Unfortunately Flixlab doesn't seem to be available in the UK.
It's not showing up on iTunes App Store at all, so I suppose it's not been licensed here or something?

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately it was removed a short while ago as the company running the operation closed down

OP
A

alexh110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's too bad, because I'm not very impressed with Vidify. It makes too many dumb editing choices, such as doing hard-cuts halfway through panning shots!
This looks very unprofessional and is jarring to the viewer.
It also seems incapable of avoiding footage that's too dark to be usable.

Plus I would like to be able to flag particular shots that must be included; but there's no way of doing this with Vidify.
Reading the website, it seems Flixlab was capable of this function. So it's quite frustrating not to be able to download it.
I don't suppose there's any way to install app.s that have been removed from the app. store?

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The app was removed because the Flixlabs servers that did the editing( your video footage was uploaded to their servers and then returned 10 mins later) have been shut down- the company itself may have folded. About six weeks ago a message came up when I opened Flixlabs app saying they were no longer offering the service. So even if you could instal the app it wouldnt do anything for you.

OP
A

alexh110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see, thanks.
Will just have to hope Vidify comes up with some updates to improve their app.

I also tried animoto; but that's even worse! It limits video clips to a maximum 5 seconds each.

Most reactions

Latest posts