What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automagically joining wifi networks

mocheesehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have wifi all over the buildings that I work in (a University theater). The problem is I have two wifi networks that I use to control my stage lighting consoles. They work fine, but when I get even close to them they connect automatically. Is it possible to set certain wifi networks to only connect manually (when I give the say-so). I would rather not have to turn the router on and off.

Hopefully I've described this good enough. I am jailbroken maybe that will open up more solutions to this!

Thanks,
Pat

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing that I know of. Jailbreak or not.

Lighting consoles. Awesome. :)
I love live sound and lights.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can try going to Settings ➡ General ➡ Networks ➡ WiFi , then touch the blue arrow of the network . There you can choose Forget Network , Connexion Auto or Authentify Auto .

It works on my iPad1 not jailbroken . Hope this helps .

OP
mocheesehead

mocheesehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing that I know of. Jailbreak or not.

Lighting consoles. Awesome. :)
I love live sound and lights.

Haha! Cool! I use an app from ETC (Electronic Theatre Control) to control my EOS & ION consoles. It is pretty sweet!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh coolio. I use my iPad to control the sound board at my church. It is a full digital mixer and it is sooo cool. My school isn't that up-to-date yet though.

I guess we should get back on topic before Marie swoops down and strangles me. :D

Most reactions