What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autofill ipad2

reborchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unable to delete unwanted autofill email addresses,some are private to me and not a contact however ,it shows up every time I type the first letter.Tried everything in ipad ,no go.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unable to delete unwanted autofill email addresses,some are private to me and not a contact however ,it shows up every time I type the first letter.Tried everything in ipad ,no go.

Aha! You have discovered Apple's "helpful" e-mail address rememberer part of Mail. As far as I know, there is no way to remove those addresses from the Mail app, even if you put in the wrong ones.

This has been an issue that has annoyed iPad owners since day one. However, it's something we've had to learn to live with as it appears that Apple thinks it's more helpful than not.

The only thing I've noticed is that eventually, if you don't use an address, it'll move further down as it's replaced by others you do use.

Sorry to be of no more help. But, maybe it's a comfort that you've joined a large group of people who hate this "feature" as much as you.

Marilyn

OP
R

reborchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what I been seeing,Im in a bad way my autofill starts with BA ,always first in B selection,and ,its not a email I want others to see on m,y pad.
Also I clicked on Biugreport.apple.com
,but was afraid id get another auto fill while applying for authorization

Last edited:
OP
R

reborchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note I went into IPAD and turned off autofill and yet I still get unwanted Autofills go figure,apple is not suppose to hjave viruses.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a virus - it's a "feature"!

Apple has decided that this is what WILL happen when you go to enter an e-mail address in the Mail app. Even if you turn off auto-correct, this will still happen.

Just to be clear...

Marilyn

OP
R

reborchick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,I typed every letter of alphabet,and every email I sent /received is listed Yikes they got me. Patriot act I guess

Most reactions

Latest posts