What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussie using iPad in US and Canada - advice please

OP
O

ozgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks, guess I'll work it out when the time comes. So basically any AT&T micro sim for iPad off of ebay will do the trick?
When I get there I insert and then I will have the opportunity to select the plan?
I think I will be going for their international plan to save the hassle of doing it all over again a week later in Canada!

Drummo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes an AT&T micro sim, my main problem was Best Buy and mobile phone shops did not have the micro sim. I'm not sure about Canada though.
cheers

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks, guess I'll work it out when the time comes. So basically any AT&T micro sim for iPad off of will do the trick?
When I get there I insert and then I will have the opportunity to select the plan?
I think I will be going for their international plan to save the hassle of doing it all over again a week later in Canada!

I dont think you want AT&T's international plan for Canada
I don't remember exact numbers, but a few months ago that int'l plan was something like 90$ for 200MB, outrageous.

*** edit ***
I just checked AT&T's web site
Canadian data roaming is 0.015$ per KB
That's 15$ per MB, or 15 000$ per Gigabyte

Last edited:

Most reactions