What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems With Native Media Player

Buggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

A while back I was experiencing problems with transferring music and video from my pc to ipad. I discovered iFunbox and installed it. A google search led me to someone who had had a similar problem and I followed his suggestion of deleting two files in the iTunes Control section of the iPad. Ever since then when I transfer music and video to the ipad they play back highly distorted and choppy. if I play the files on a 3rd party app they play perfectly which means it is not an issue with the file itself. It is just just when using the native music player and the native video player that the playback is distorted. Last weekend I did a full system restore to factory settings but the issue has remained. What was curious was that when irebooted io6 was still there and didn't redownload from scratch which is what I would think would need to happen as I am sure I need to reinstall the iTunes files I deleted. I know i am at fault here and was stupid to delete files I should not have touched. Is there any way to do a reinstall of iTunes on its own on the ipad or update its system files? Would I be able to copy them across form someone else's ipad using iFunbox? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

OP
B

Buggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[QUOTE="You didn't mention how you deleted the files, but to delete core system files, you would need to be jailbreaked in order to be able to access/delete them.[/QUOTE]

I deleted them using iFunbox which allows access to system files without being jailbreaked. It's an alternative to iTunes.

D

dvdcatalyst

ah ok.

well the suggestion for recovery remains, but maybe try copying the files you deleted from a different ipad.
looking at the ifunbox page it seems like it does some decryption and filehandling so it might work.

no idea if it would work or what it would do if it doesnt work though.

OP
B

Buggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dvdcatalyst said:
ah ok.

well the suggestion for recovery remains, but maybe try copying the files you deleted from a different ipad.
looking at the ifunbox page it seems like it does some decryption and filehandling so it might work.

no idea if it would work or what it would do if it doesnt work though.

Thanks. Am trying with a friends iPad today via iFunbox. If that doesn't work I'll do the full recovery. It makes sense to me that recovery will work as iTunes and its system files are surely all part of iOS

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks. Am trying with a friends iPad today via iFunbox. If that doesn't work I'll do the full recovery. It makes sense to me that recovery will work as iTunes and its system files are surely all part of iOS

with some digging you might find a tool that might let you open the actual ipa file for the ios update you are running on your ipad and then extract the files you deleted from there, but that will get a bit more technical. its been a few years for me when i was that deep in modding my ipod touch, and i havent kept track as to what mods are possible since, but back then there were ways to do it, so some might still exist.

but there is always recovery :

Most reactions

Latest posts