What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Out issues while iPad is docked

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad: Using accessories with iPad Dock

• Last Modified: April 16, 2010
  • Article: TS3308

iPad: Using accessories with iPad Dock
Symptoms

iPad Dock features an audio line-out and dock-connector port, which you can use to connect other accessories while iPad is docked. When using certain dock-connector accessories, you may see the following behavior:

• No audio from the line-out port
  • Accessory Not Supported alert
This article provides information for resolving these issues.

Products Affected

iPad

Resolution

No audio from the audio line-out port
Most Dock Connector accessories that don't provide audio out, prevent audio from routing to the audio line out on the iPad dock. If this occurs, you can use the headset jack on iPad for audio output.
Example: Apple Dock Connector to VGA Adapter.

Accessory Not Supported alert
When you connect an accessory that is incompatible with the iPad dock, an alert appears stating:
"Accessory Not Supported - This accessory only works when directly connected to iPad"
Connect the accessory directly to iPad.
Note: Some accessories that display this alert may not work even when directly connected to iPad. Refer to the manufacturer's documentation or website to verify it is a "Made for iPad" or "Made for iPod/Made for iPhone/Made for iPad" accessory.
TS3308--made_for_ipad-001-en.jpg

TS3308--combo_ipod_iphone_ipad-001-en.jpg

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've yet to connect a plug for my audio out on the dock, but will heed the warning.

On an aside...your signature tag line is feign incredible!!! I love it!

Most reactions

Latest posts