What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attaching pics and documents

Bigair3486

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to attached pictures on web sites like craig's list and take photo from my iPad and put them in my drop box and godocs. Any way I can do this? How do I upload pictures onto web sites? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to attached pictures on web sites like craig's list and take photo from my iPad and put them in my drop box and godocs. Any way I can do this? How do I upload pictures onto web sites? Thanks.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

To transfer photos off the iPad I use the Apple MobileMe iDisk. Many apps support it and you can use it to upload photos, documents and other files from your iPad to the iDisk's cloud storage. Dropbox, too, as you note is also supported by a number of apps but some, such as Apple's iWorks Office suite, inevitably only really support their own cloud storage facility

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

Bigair3486

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for getting back to to me.
I'm still having trouble trying to upload. Doesn't MobileMe cost money? Is there a free way to get pictures and documents from my iPad to dropboxof googledocs? Am I doing something wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox is free and is supported by many apps, such as GoodReader - the iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife'. Read the reviews at the App Store and you'll see it's universally liked and can move documents to and from the iPad with ease.

It also allows you to establish folders and open the files you download in compatible apps, as well as PDF markup, mp3 player etc.

Tim
Scotland

Rontampabay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.studiotrax.net
Hi - I have the same problem, and I also use Dropbox. The issue is that when you try to load a photo to a forum post, the "search" button that you select to search the device you are using, is gray'd out. It expects you to provide a URL. The photos ARE loaded to my photos section and Dropbox on my iPad.

Most reactions