What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New iPad

Heidi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm Heidi. I am having so much fun with my new iPad. However, I need a way to put all of my pics onto a good app so that I am able to fix/correct/pretty-up when I am bored.

Seems like I don't get the idea of how to get pics from say...a disc to the iPad, or, my picture file on my desktop to the iPad. I have alread downloaded "Photobucket", PS Express, and the iPad has it's own photos app.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to combine and then the best app for modifying the pictures?

Thank you for any help. Heidi

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Heidi!

I'm Heidi. I am having so much fun with my new iPad. However, I need a way to put all of my pics onto a good app so that I am able to fix/correct/pretty-up when I am bored.

Seems like I don't get the idea of how to get pics from say...a disc to the iPad, or, my picture file on my desktop to the iPad. I have alread downloaded "Photobucket", PS Express, and the iPad has it's own photos app.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to combine and then the best app for modifying the pictures?

Thank you for any help. Heidi

Yup, the iPad is a lot of fun. I use it everyday to do a lot of things. Photos on the iPad is a bit of a challenge. This is what I do to get a photo on the iPad and what, if any, post processing on some of the photos.

First, every photo you download from your PC, camera, the web, email--will all end up in the iPad's default photo app. There are all kinds of ways to get photos on your desktop/PC to the iPad. You can create folders on your desktop/PC and synch those folders via iTunes. You can email photos from your PC to your iPad. You can send files up to a website and then download them one at a time to your iPad. You can take a screen print of your iPad by pressing sleep button plus home button. You'll hear a shutter sound and the screen print will be stored in Saved Photos in the Photo App. If you get the camera connection kit, you can import your camera files into the iPad directly.

For limited post processing work on the iPad, I use Photogene. You can use that app to do a lot of general stuff, like saturation, sharpening, red eye removal, cropping, etc. But for real detailed work on a file, you should keep that work on your PC. I like Photogene. Other folks may suggest other photo apps. Once you have processed a photo and saved your changes, Photogene will store the processed file in saved photos.

I hope this helps a little bit. If you go to the Help Section on this forum, there are threads about photography apps and process flows. Welcome to the forum Heidi!

Most reactions

Latest posts